Anniversary thread was Re: SWBF Days - Last Saturday of every month

Started by Led, October 20, 2014, 03:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Led on November 23, 2014, 08:06:20 AM
OK, the test message went OK. 

Do we have a date for the event? 

Do we have a date when the email should be sent out?

:cheers:

What about the 23rd ?
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

I think saturday, Dec. 27 would be best since after xmas is much less hectic than before, and people will be off work/school for sure.

Maybe send it out around thanksgiving?

I was thinking the days to play would be Christmas day to new year or even from 23rd like Anyder suggested, we can always post more specific times in a thread like this. 1st week of December sounds best to send out messages, it gives people time to prepare and is close enough they won't forget.

We should probably start a new thread with full details similar to the first post here; http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=7239.0 and put a link in the E-mail and on the main page. We can keep planning here and have the new thread for players to ask question about the event. Is it possible to get the gameranger autoinstaller without registering anywhere?

Edit: 3 different dates already suggested. :) I think we should concentrate on a few days, Saturday is good as I originally planned Saturdays every month to line up with Christmas so people might come back for further Saturday games and Joseph makes a good point that it's less hectic but we could have from Christmas day on with  a big battle that day so people get a few opportunities over the holidays.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Since it's getting close to November now I'll put a post about the anniversary games that explains everything for old and new players and anyone who wants to can link to when advertising.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on November 27, 2014, 09:41:06 AM
Since it's getting close to November now I'll put a post about the anniversary games that explains everything for old and new players and anyone who wants to can link to when advertising.
gdh, were you in Doc Brown's DeLorean again? :P

Haha.
I need to concentrate more. I was thinking end of November :)

How does this look for a post? : http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=8574.0

Maybe someone could do a poster to brighten it up a bit...

For advertising these are the ideas I have:
SWBFgamers - via E-mail thanks to Led and hopefully the main page so visitors can see this quickly
Reddit: There are at least 3 battlefront reddits r/swbf, and r/starwarsbattlefront and r/battlefront
Clan sites - Ideally we should post in as many guestbooks as possible
Gaming websites - Submit articles, e-mail in to 'letters page' etc
You Tube - in relevant comment sections and possibly through videos

If anyone has ideas or wants to help just say which area you can do. Please make sure we finalise details so we don't all end up posting conflicting info and don't spam comments or guestbooks. I know it's tempting to post multiple times in every comment section but we want to inform people not annoy them. :)

I'll do the reddits. Mirky has a nice compilation of clan GBs on his site that someone could go off of.

Yeah quite the list, it still really needs a lot of work though. :)
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

Thanks. If there is a reasonably comprehensive list a few of us could take a few letters each from it and do them.

Letters? It is not in any order, and there is bound to be broken links, etc. Here, you can see for yourself:

http://mirky.webs.com/clans-of-swbf

It truly is a mess, but I can work on it over the next few days.

The old Darksith guys (linked on Mirky's site) still have an SWBF division (however it may be inactive now...)

Knowing that I have had much experience with them, I'll go up and present them with our announcement.
Their new site is http://www.darksith.enjin.com/
No longer on Shivtr
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

DarkSith Info updated. ;)

Well it looks like DS has decided to completely reject that we do indeed have an active user base and thus I'm being bombarded with hate mail from them, because SWBF isn't a modern game.

Good news is we don't have to deal with their sorry :censored:... I never liked 'em anyway. Only Mike, Ross, and Kevin were the cool people of that group. The rest of them think they are all big shots because they are a so-called Sith group.

Either way, they aren't friendly.

You can scratch DS off the list.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Ultimo on November 27, 2014, 07:15:42 PM
Well it looks like DS has decided to completely reject that we do indeed have an active user base and thus I'm being bombarded with hate mail from them, because SWBF isn't a modern game.

Good news is we don't have to deal with their sorry :censored:... I never liked 'em anyway. Only Mike, Ross, and Kevin were the cool people of that group. The rest of them think they are all big shots because they are a so-called Sith group.

Either way, they aren't friendly.

You can scratch DS off the list.
Actually, Ross left DS already. Mike and Kevin? Who knows what's happened to them.

Quote from: Gold Man on November 27, 2014, 07:59:41 PM
Actually, Ross left DS already. Mike and Kevin? Who knows what's happened to them.

Yeah Ross left DS. Thank goodness he did! He's actually playing PLA's CC server right now. Last I was speaking with Kevin, he was getting deep into some other Minecraft community. We played together and he got me some awesome stuff on the server he was an admin to. He dissappeared though, haven't seen him in a LONG time. Mike on the other hand shows up every so often playing SWBF1... infact I think I saw him online yesterday in PLA's CC server.

So really Ross and Mike are still around, but that still leaves Kevin... and speaking of which, we haven't seen Dark in awhile either. Dark also played MC with Kevin and I...
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper