Which map do you prefer?

Endor: Bunker
8 (53.3%)
Yavin IV: Temple
7 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: October 29, 2013, 05:52:19 AM

July 31, 2013, 05:52:19 AM Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 05:54:00 AM by Phobos
I use to prefer Temple but now I like Endor more and the water bug is one reason but mainly I like how there is already built in support for local spawn nodes and the map design is better imo.

July 31, 2013, 08:24:55 AM #1 Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 10:32:25 AM by {PLA}gdh92
I like playing at Endor as it's one of the few maps where the foliage makes a difference to gameplay, it's fun sneaking through the bushes and hiding behind trees. The map layout is good as the CP's can be taken in a straight line but there is still a chance of flanking to keep things interesting. Also it's fun to drive speeder bikes there and the shield bunker and log traps are nice features.

I also enjoy temple and think that it's underused online but it's not one of my favourite maps.

Edit: Thinking about it I probably prefer temple when offline as there's more variety. ;)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I think I would have to say Yavin IV: Temple. I never played Endor that much due to frame rate drops but now I just don't like the map that much. Yavin IV has a nice design and many things to look at. It makes good use of CP placement and I enjoy the old Sith Temple structures. There are things to like about Endor, I just don't like the lighting and how much foliage there is.

For me, it's Endor.  They both have good designs I think, but overall I think Endor had a better "feel" to it than Temple.  Maybe it was just a more classic battle, but the usage of the trap (which someone needs to recreate in a different trap sometime) and the tree huts really got my attention.  If the AI could be smarter about paths and camping and flanking, it could be excellent.  So could a bunch of other maps, though.  :shrug:

Ewoks are great.  Try putting like 100 of them vs a few Imperials and it's funny watching them swarm like bugs.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.