Hex Editing Already-Made Custom Maps

Started by Snake, April 13, 2013, 01:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys, i guess you've read my Done With Modding post, so I need help salvaging that unfinished Tatooine map. Right now I have the compiled version in my addon folder but it is crashing. I need to edit the .lua to stop calling the Dark Trooper for the imperials. Is that possible with hex editing?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Sort of but it might be easier to reconstruct the mission LUA if you want to paste your munged .script here I can try. The tricky thing is the number values can only be seen using Tirpiders OpCode generator unless you remember them.

Quote from: Phobos on April 13, 2013, 02:01:00 PM
Sort of but it might be easier to reconstruct the mission LUA if you want to paste your munged .script here I can try. The tricky thing is the number values can only be seen using Tirpiders OpCode generator unless you remember them.

Well, the .lua is still editable in BFBuilder but it would munge with the map that I saved over this map. Is there a way to take out the new script and put it in the old map?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

If you still have the LUA script, tell me the mapID(What the folder you place in Addon is called) and I can whip up a quick LUA mission.lvl munger for you that you'll be able to just drop your LUA scripts into and munge them without needing to use the main modtools.

Oh, awesome! its called: tatup3
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: SleepKiller on April 13, 2013, 03:09:45 PM
If you still have the LUA script, tell me the mapID(What the folder you place in Addon is called) and I can whip up a quick LUA mission.lvl munger for you that you'll be able to just drop your LUA scripts into and munge them without needing to use the main modtools.

We have one:

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=733

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet