Adding new terrain textures.

Started by Rayce, December 19, 2014, 11:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So, I've finally figured out how to use ZE. (mostly) And I wanna make a holiday reskin of Naboo: Theed. One thing I want to do is cover the gound in a thin layer of snow. But for some reason, the snow texture I added (which I named "naboo2_main_2.tga") won't show up in ZE or in the game. How do you get new terrain textures to work? Or is it even possible to do at all?

Two things to check:
Is the texture compressed? (Shouldn't be), are the texture(s) sizes dimensions in pixels by powers of 2? (Should be 256, 512, 1024, etc).

Yes and yes. And it worked as a replacement for hoth snow.

You may have to paint the snow over it in ZE by selecting another layer in the texture tool.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

December 19, 2014, 05:14:01 PM #4 Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 05:16:46 PM by Awesome Yuletide Commander
That's what I want to do, because I don't want the road to be be completely covered. (As if the streets were plowed) But the texture isn't selectable in ZE. (The slot it would be in is blank)

You'll need to select a blank layer from this column: [spoiler][/spoiler] and then type your new texture and detail texture in these boxes: [spoiler][/spoiler] Once you've done that you can paint your new texture over any of the other ones.

Also, a slightly related note: Always use a detail texture with your textures, otherwise you'll get a black circle around the character and it's annoying. I usually just type my texture as the detail texture also.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder