[SOLVED]I need a little help with the new computer...

Started by bjskifreak, May 23, 2012, 07:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 23, 2012, 07:23:04 AM Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 08:08:23 PM by bjskifreak
I know this isn't a mod, but I just put swbf onto my new windows 7 computer.  I don't have any problem with SIDE mods, but when I put map folders into my addon, they don't do anything.  Is something wrong? Or is there a way to put it into the original game files and not addon? Or is it something else entirely
Thanks for the help

1) make sure they are not compressed or anything like that
2) make sure that the map folder has inside of it "addme.script"

it should be like this:

Addon/map-folder-id/addme.script

sometimes when uncompressing, it looks like this:
Addon/map-folder-id/map-folder-id/addme.script

which is not correct.

Let us know if that works or not.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

That's how mine is.  Also in the addon folder is the "Tat3" map which I didn't add.  Maybe it was with the 1.2 patch? But that one similarly does nothing, if it was supposed to do anything at all

tat3 is jabba's palace, and it does come with the 1.2 patch.

if you can not see jabba's palace in the instant action menu, then you are not using the game installation that you think you are

try this:
instead of the start menu, start the game from:

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\battlefront.exe

(but instead of C:\Program Files  it will be what ever it is for you on windows 7)

That battlefront.exe is what I already had to run to work SIDE mods and the like.  The original installed Battlefront shortcut doesn't interface those mods either, so I was already running battlefront.exe from within the gamedata folder.

This is quite frustrating

There is one last thing to check.

Windows 7 thinks it is smarter than you.  It has a system for protecting files in the program folder.

please read over this:
http://www.xfire.com/communities/perfectlittleangels/forums/157275/topic/4090119/

Finally, got it.  I just went for the whole shebang.  Copied it all to D: drive, cuz Windows has no power there (muahaha), copied the whole map folder directly to the LVL_PC folder, and put the addon folder into the Data folder.  So something worked.

No computer is smarter than me

Thanks for the help.