The girl-sniper from SW Battlefront 2

Started by Rebel Marksman, April 25, 2012, 10:10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
You mean "side mod"? Well, that explain a lot. The munged side .lvl files do not include REQ files, and the game using stock REQ parameters. So the game just do not "feel" the new sceletons.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Ah I see, so it is impossible to get the marksperson to work in a side mod?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I am afraid no, sorry.

Is there a way to Hex Edit and change the names or something?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Well, you cud try edit common.lvl with Interface Tool, but I am not sure about result.

April 29, 2012, 09:03:09 AM #35 Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:09:25 AM by Rebel Marksman
This explains some. I also edit only sides, as the wish that this character was in all locations. But if it's just the lua files, then I think it is not so difficult as it seems. Sereja, you could tell where are stored the settings req file after compilation ?

SnΛke, thank you for your testing! Without your experience would have been harder find the cause.

Well, I can only guess, it stored in common.lvl, and can be edit with Interface Tool, but I cud be wrong. I have to edit common.lvl with Interface Tool some times ago, when I try to add at-rt and barc speeder pilot animation from SWBF2 (whithout this, it crash the game). But I do not know, is it works for infantry sceletons. Anyway, you cud try, and check it out...

Gratitude you for advice. But you can say what you mean under "edit with interface" ? I have a BattleBelk assets with the help of which can create a mission.lvl immediately for all cards. Suitable it is for this purpose ?

No, you must download a tool, named "Interface Tool", I think you can find it on this site, in download assets directory.

May 01, 2012, 04:54:16 AM #40 Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 05:07:31 AM by Rebel Marksman
Hi! I managed to get marksperson for all locations Battlefront! Need only add the text of your all_inf_rebels.req file in the file common "Tools Interface", and also add the file marksperson.zafbin in to munging folder of these instruments. Now we have to deal with the voice acting and lowres model of this character, and finally solve this issue. Once again thank you all (and, especially, Sereja), who helps me in this!

My congratulations! This is a realy unexpected success!
But I think fixing lowrez is realy impossible. SWBF1 don't like the lowrez sceleton. Hmm... I just wonder, what hapens, if you do with lowrez sceleton, the same, thing, you do with normal sceleton and Interface Tool?...

Maybe this could be used for all skeletons? And maybe even SWBF2 anims? I think we need a tutorial..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

May 02, 2012, 07:55:48 AM #44 Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 08:17:04 AM by Rebel Marksman
Thankful you! After adding SWBattlefront2 lowrez skeleton, Battlefront gives an error at startup. But I went the other way, just by changing the texture on a standard lowrez-model marksperson. It looks better than the standard BF2 lowrez model without its skeleton, however, not completely. If someone (for example tirpider) will be able to correct this skeleton, I would be very grateful to him.