Very annoying crash during MSH Export...

Started by i2Bros, September 15, 2016, 02:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 15, 2016, 02:37:53 PM Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 08:00:00 AM by i2Bros
When I start my msh export this message appears and the process suddenly stops working

What can I do?  :'( :'( :'(
"Come on, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?"
- Lieutenant Rasczak speaking to the Roughnecks troopers

Are you trying to rig and animate a soldier character of some sort?If so i have a tutorial for this purpose made by Sereja.I can upload it tomorrow for you and give you link.Everyting there is explained and there are also pictures+example scene file to watch. :)  Do you want them?

And one side question.Do you atleast know how to properly export a simple prop model into msh?

September 15, 2016, 11:12:13 PM #2 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 11:52:39 PM by i2Bros
Quote from: Ginev on September 15, 2016, 03:18:07 PM
Are you trying to rig and animate a soldier character of some sort?If so i have a tutorial for this purpose made by Sereja.I can upload it tomorrow for you and give you link.Everyting there is explained and there are also pictures+example scene file to watch. :)  Do you want them?

And one side question.Do you atleast know how to properly export a simple prop model into msh?

I'm following a tutorial step by step. Aldo this crash happens with everything even with pre-exported weapons mshs  :shrug:

Btw I'd like to check this tutorial.  ;)

It seems like you have incorrect destination coordinates in your ZETools navigation panel. You just send your trooper to nowhere. The destination coordinates should looks like this:
C:\Softimage\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\ModTool_Database\Models\1.msh
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

September 16, 2016, 05:25:54 AM #4 Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 05:30:05 AM by i2Bros
Quote from: Sereja on September 16, 2016, 04:19:05 AM
It seems like you have incorrect destination coordinates in your ZETools navigation panel. You just send your trooper to nowhere. The destination coordinates should looks like this:
C:\Softimage\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\ModTool_Database\Models\1.msh

I'll try as soon as possible, thank you!

EDIT: I copy-pasted the directory and this is the result in the clipboard
[spoiler]Last 15 log lines:

INFO (842, do_export): .msh file path: C:\Softimage\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\ModTool_Database\Models\1.msh
   INFO (851, do_export): Processing material "_1Shirt".
   INFO (857, do_export): Finished processing.
   INFO (851, do_export): Processing material "Scene_Material".
   INFO (851, do_export): Processing material "AnakinSkywalkerHead_XSIPOLYCLS_anakinskywalkerhead".
   INFO (851, do_export): Processing material "AnakinSkywalkerBody_XSIPOLYCLS_anakinskywalkerbody".
   INFO (870, do_export): Processing model "DummyRoot".
   INFO (873, do_export): Finished processing.
   INFO (870, do_export): Processing model "override_texture".
   INFO (593, convert): Is geometry.
   INFO (253, get_vertices): Processed 4664 vertices.
   INFO (354, get_faces): Processed 1548 faces.

Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "<Script Block >", line 35, in exportbutton_OnClicked
     File "C:\Users\Salvatore\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Application\Core\andezetexport.py", line 832, in export
       self.do_export()
     File "C:\Users\Salvatore\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Application\Core\andezetexport.py", line 872, in do_export
       self.msh.models.add(conv.convert())
     File "C:\Users\Salvatore\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Application\Core\andezetexport.py", line 595, in convert
       self.msh2_model.segments = self.get_segments()
     File "C:\Users\Salvatore\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Application\Core\andezetexport.py", line 397, in get_segments
       poly_mat_indices = self.export.xsi.CGA_GetPolyIndicesPerMaterial(self.geo)
     File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\win32comext\axscript\client\pyscript.py", line 105, in __getattr__
       return getattr(self._scriptItem_.dispatchContainer,attr)
     File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py", line 516, in __getattr__
       raise AttributeError("%s.%s" % (self._username_, attr))
   AttributeError: Application.CGA_GetPolyIndicesPerMaterial
   [/spoiler]

Well, those abracadabra tells me nothing, because such text lines is for programmers only. So what actually happens: did you get "red line" error, or when you check the Models folder, you didn't found there your 1.msh model? Did you try to export something simple for testing, like a cube or sphere?

red line error and yes I tried, I have even tried to export pre-exported mshs.

It's weird... :confused:
Make sure you install all of the support staff: python, pywin32,  Visual C++

Listen to what Sereja is saying.He know best.He helped me too.So do you have python, pywin32,  Visual C++ installed too?

Yes, you must very carefully follow the directions.  Watch my youtube video.  You can not skip any steps.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

September 16, 2016, 12:12:11 PM #10 Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 02:45:10 AM by i2Bros
Quote from: Ginev on September 16, 2016, 11:53:43 AM
Listen to what Sereja is saying.He know best.He helped me too.So do you have python, pywin32,  Visual C++ installed too?

I installed each of them  :(

EDIT: The last time I downloaded the last version/ update as .zip and I unzipped it in the Addons folder as the instructions say. Then I tried with the tar.gz, but nothing changed. It keeps saying I installed the 1.3.0022 when I'm sure I installed the latest version on the top of the page as .zip

EDIT2:
FINALLY I SOLVED IT!
I've just installed the Tools from scratch and it worked! Thanks to all of you! You earned a place in  my mod final credits!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

But there are new obstacles: [spoiler][/spoiler]
- I have to set materials properly.
- I have to get rid of the clone.
I'm confident I'll make it even trough this ;)

Looks like you dont have your tga textures in your folder with this model also i am seeing that your lowrez version model of the trooper is inside the high rez main model.In XSI before export you can click on the lowrez model and then press H to hide it.So when you export he wont be visible.

Quote from: Ginev on October 01, 2016, 12:30:16 AM
Looks like you dont have your tga textures in your folder with this model also i am seeing that your lowrez version model of the trooper is inside the high rez main model.In XSI before export you can click on the lowrez model and then press H to hide it.So when you export he wont be visible.
Sadly the texture won't appear in XSI too so i still cant figure out how do I apply materials in ze tools

Quote from: Ginev on September 15, 2016, 03:18:07 PM

By any chance can you send me this tut? I'm really interested  :D