Dantooine (1.0)

Started by (Wusi)Trooper X, October 14, 2014, 07:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Dantooine (1.0)

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1183

Creator: gogo12
Description: The following is from the original web page:

gogo12 is back with his new Dantooine map. It's based off of the planet Dantooine's appearance from KotOR. It features a pretty accurate recreation of the map from KotOR, as well as some fun new sides to play around with.
The map itself is very nice- while it suffers from some awkward models (not the fault of the map's creator), it's pretty fun to play and has some nice battles taking place all around its ample spaces. As was mentioned before, it's a pretty accurate recreation of the Jedi Temple and surrounding courtyard areas from KotOR. This area contains several residences, the Temple itself, a small tomblike structure, and lots of grassland and trees.
The sides are a nice addition to the map. As mentioned in the readme, the map is only playable in GCW, which is a nice change from the norm these days. There are some new units for each side and some reskins done to those units that weren't changed- there is a flamethrower trooper for the Empire, and a Bothan spy for the Rebels. All the Rebels have their BF2 models, which is nice, and the Empire has Grand Admiral Thrawn instead of a dark trooper.
While the map is pretty good, there are some bugs- the maxflyheight seems to be set too low, so you can't jump very high. This is somewhat annoying when trying to maneuver around combat. Although I can see the rationale for this, given that the models used to divide up the pathways are pretty low, it's still a bit annoying and it would be nice were it worked around a little bit. Also a common complaint with this author's maps- no minimap, although it isn't really needed as much here since the landmarks are pretty visible from far away.
Overall, this map is pretty fun. We haven't seen a good Battlefront 1 map in a while that had a fairly standard play formula, so if you're looking for something new to play or the screenshots interest you, then give this a download. It's worth your time to give it a shot.
-Jedikiller

How to Install: Open file with 7 zip or WinRAR and place the folder named DAN in your AddOn folder. The AddOn folder is located most of the time here C:Program Files (x86)LucasArtsStar Wars BattlefrontGameDataAddOn
Need to tell me anything about this file just leave a comment!
History Guy! "Oh without the history..."
Archiving Guy! "Mods are Amazing they make you play the game, even when you cant play online!"

Can yuo share some screenshots of this map? Thanks!

If this map is for Battlefront 2 i must say that this map is not cool at all.That was my second map that i made for Battlefront 2.There is not even a planing for the AIs.They stuck in walls.We all know that we have to start from somewhere :D