Geonosis Clone Wars

Started by (Wusi)Trooper X, October 14, 2014, 07:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Geonosis Clone Wars

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1184

Creator: special1
Description: The following is from the original web page:

This guy has been harrassing us with all sorts of things but finally a map we can release.
This is his first map, another reproduction of the battle on Geonosis. I wasn't expecting it to be nearly as big or featured as it was because it is a first map but not the first time I have been surprised.
There are seveal CPs for both sides, no neutral, and a reinforcement count of 1000.
One thing that put this in favour of the Republic and something I really didn't like was that there are a bunch of ATTEs. One or two spawning at every clone CP, I think. That way even catching all the CPs won't put you out of your misry going through the 1000 reinforcement count. While there are a bunch of vehicles, they are spread out to about one per CP.
The only notable bug was a sound issue. Firing sounds didn't work with any flying ship. Could have been lost in the munge, but I doubt it.
A little constructive criticism, now. The cliffs and elevations seemed very sharp and carved/unnatural looking. After using the raise tool there is a 'blend' setting. Use this lightly and it will smooth things out. Also using only one texture makes it very repetitive. It seemed kinda light to be Geonosis IMO. And lastly, watch the usage of ATTEs. Keep in mind they count as CPs, and putting the same number of CPs for each team then adding a bunch of command walkers will throw balance horribly off-kilter.
Anyway. No screenshots as of yet. I guess you'll just have to download and see it for yourself. ;P
-K.

How to Install: Open file with 7 zip or WinRAR and place the folder named clonewars in your AddOn folder. The AddOn folder is located most of the time here C:Program Files (x86)LucasArtsStar Wars BattlefrontGameDataAddOn
Need to tell me anything about this file just leave a comment!
History Guy! "Oh without the history..."
Archiving Guy! "Mods are Amazing they make you play the game, even when you cant play online!"