Adding local sides

Started by TimoCruz, May 27, 2021, 11:12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
How do I add local sides to the stock bf1 maps?

study the mission lua for stock maps that have locals; it will be clear.  You will also need to adjust the ownership of CPs through the world file or by hex edit
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

So I understand the lua part fine. Only trouble is I added everyhting from the shipped Bespin: Platforms and when I load it up in zeroeditor there aren't any command posts on the map at all. There is also no mention of any command posts in the world file either so i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong?

well, bespin does not have locals, but it does have CPs.

see if this tutorial will help
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3544.0

That was the tutorial I originally followed. I think there may be something missing in my shipped world assets because there's no command posts on any of the stock maps that I open in zeroeditor. So confusing 😖

it has been a while since i've used ZE, but make sure the appropriate layers are turned on

All the correct layers are turned on. The fact there are no command posts mentioned in the world file tells me there's something missing from my shipped world assets. Might have to re-download them and see if it works.

You also had the ewok issue?  Yeah, I would recommend getting the mod tools again.  I have a set here with fixes applied.