REQUEST: Various Things

Started by Shazam, April 14, 2012, 08:41:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Sorry for requesting for so much, but, how the heck did you make anti-health bots and anti-ammo bots on the April Fools server? That was awesome! But, the thing I wanted most, was the ultra-nade that sends you soaring. It's so cool! I love how you don't die when you jump/nade-jump and yet you can still kill players and AI.

Is it possible to combine the anti-health/ammo bots, unlimited heigth, the super-nade, and the unlimited health when jumping (not when shotting others)? If so, is it a mission.lvl?

Sorry for asking for so much. If you guys try to do it, thanks! You guys are awesome!  :tu:

April 14, 2012, 08:54:38 AM #1 Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:56:15 AM by Buckler
We are happy to help.  And we are happy to help others learn  ;)

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=4279.0

In that post is a list of server side moddable items, and what file that those mods can go into.

If you want to learn how to mod (it's really not that bad) I suggest that you start with this tutorial:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=8.0

Some of those things are in common.lvl, some are in the various side.lvl file.

If you can edit a text file and click on a batch file, you can mod.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Wow, uh... I'm not sure where to start. Do I download all those things that you linked? All I wanted was the "Collision modification" and the more powerful grenade (Is the just weapon damage for it?). (I was kind of curious about the ammo/health bots)

Okay, guys, I have all the files from the April Fools thing. Is there any way to take the anti-health/ammo bots and the Jedi? Which files are those, the sides and common?

Really what I want to know is which of those files are the collision effects, and weapon damage. Could you post what each of those files are?

E.I.:
Common=
Sides=
Bes2=
Core=
Mission=
Core=
Shell=

Thanks.

ok, let's start with your original list and take them one at a time.

First, get this:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=525
you will need to get this in order to extract it:
http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

it is a big download but it has most if not all of the stuff you need.

Let's start with unlimited height.

It is a mission.lvl mod.

Go into the mission builder and into this folder:
SWBF1 Modding LVL Builders Toolbox V4b\Mission.lvl Builder\scripts\BES

open bes2r.lua with a text editor  (bes2r is the clone era of cloud city)

Find this line:
SetMaxFlyHeight(-10);

change it to:
SetMaxFlyHeight(100);

save the file.

Click on the munge.bat file located here:
SWBF1 Modding LVL Builders Toolbox V4b\Mission.lvl Builder

get the mission.lvl file that is newly created here:
SWBF1 Modding LVL Builders Toolbox V4b\Mission.lvl Builder\_lvl_pc

copy it into your game folder (mine is here):
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC

start your game, do CW era of Cloud City and test it.

When that works, I will take you through the next step.

i think 100 is still limited for dark jets who use jet jump right over an exploding nade while on chamber/hall roof maybe try 1000 instead for true unlimited

Lol, that would be funny.  :rofl: Anyways, I have the new LVL Builder now. (Looks spiffy btw) I am attempting to do what you said above before I have to go for today.

I did what it says above, but, 1 noticed spawn time, too. There is a certain way you have to type it in, right? Is it: "SetSpawnDelay(2.0, 0.25)"?

Yes, 2 is what you want for fast spawn.  1 or 0 give bad results in my experience.

OK, now you need to work with sides.

Take a look at the jet trooper ODF--it should be in the rep side builder.  Also look at another unit like the sniper.  Look for the line that says "collision".  The jet does not take fall damage.  Edit the sniper ODF to make is look like the jet in the collision area. 

More tomorrow, its late for me.

Well, the jet trooper had a line in the ODF that said: "CollisionScale      = "0.0 0.0 0.0" on it. The other ODF's (rep_inf_arctrooper, rep_inf_sharpshooter, ect...) didn't have that line in there anywhere. Am I looking in the right place? ???

Yes, add that collisionscale line to any unit that you do not want to take fall damage.

For super nade, find the grenade ODF and increase "grenade push".

For health and ammo, those are in common.lvl, give them a negative heal rate.

Okay, so I just add that line anywhere? Or where it would be if it was a jet trooper?

As I am looking around in the files, I want to change the "Max Speed" and "Max Health", as well as the collision. Is that possible? I know there are certain things you can and can't do to those ODF files.

yes, just add the collision line.

You can change *any* value in the ODF, but not all changes will work without everyone having the download.

Speed and health changes will work without download.  Many things you just have to try and see.