What Games do you like to play overall?

Started by Helios, October 17, 2012, 07:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Nobility on January 15, 2013, 03:33:15 PM
Wow... I guess the secret got out. :P

[spoiler]EDIT: LOL NO dude. I've never played the game! ;)[/spoiler]

EDIT 2:Lol until my MarioKart broke I held the 4th spot on the World Leaderboards at Time Trial for Luigi Curcuit. The people ahead of me were all Asians. xD
xD I never did time trials much until i got bored of the grand prix's.

Quote from: {212} Nixo on January 17, 2013, 09:44:00 AM
xD I never did time trials much until i got bored of the grand prix's.
i never did any time trials, i just did insanley long versus races and stuff. Then they removed it, AND NOW IM ANGRY!!

Quote from: Josh on January 17, 2013, 08:57:45 AM
Mario Kart 7 or Mario Kart Wii?
I think mario cart wii but im not sure
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: Josh on January 17, 2013, 08:57:45 AM
Mario Kart 7 or Mario Kart Wii?

Mario Kart Wii
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

January 17, 2013, 10:17:43 PM #80 Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 10:24:05 PM by aeria.
Racing games have always been one of my favorite. I've played quite a lot of them but I never feel that I've played enough. There are just way too many good racing games.

My opinions of the NFS series is drastically different than most people. Back in elementary school, NFS Underground 2 was absolutely amazing. The graphics and the gameplay seemed amazing then. However playing now, it is really difficult to even look at. The ground texture is atrocious and the environment feels so fake. I wasn't a big fan of Most Wanted. Others found it to be best in the series... but it's hard for me to agree. I've played Carbon on the gamecube... it's garbage. Worse than Underground 2 in terms of gameplay but the graphics were good for the console. TBH It makes no sense to make the whole game based on 4-man races when the previous games had more. The ps3/xbox/pc versions of the game has improved gameplay and of course better graphics.

Both Shift games were great sim racers. They didn't have as many cars as Forza or Gran Turismo but the gameplay and graphics were top notch. It's a shame they aren't making a third one. The developers are actually making an independent game called projectCARS. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

The Run was awesome and on PC the graphics looked great. Unfortunately I'm the only person who likes The Run. The new Most Wanted looks pretty and has good driving but the gameplay is just repetitive and there's no storyline to it. They're turned it into a Burnout Clone... except without the Burnout craziness. Prolly the worst 50 bucks I've spent. :(

As far as other franchises go, Gran Turismo is spectacular. I've 100% the first one in elementary school and that was NOT an easy task. There was no recommended shift indicator or driving line. You had to legitimately go through trial and error for every car to learn how to achieve optimal lap times. The amount of time I've spent in the first GT is probably more than any other game I've played, even to this day. I'm also a big fan of the 5th one but the sheer amount of content in that game is too much.

The GRID and DIRT games are great fun. While they're not simulators, they're still very great looking games with a lot of replay value. GRID of the PC was definitely ahead of its time. With a decent graphics card, it looks very photorealistic.

I'm the only person in the world who doesn't like Mario Kart. Maybe because of the banana peels.

#TYBG

Republic Commando is definately the best Star Wars game I own now, sorry guys. My list of video games has changed, here is new list:

1. Republic Commando
2. SWBF2
3. Nascar Racing 2003 Season
4. Forza Motorsports 4
5. NHL 2013
6. Puppet Wars F.P.S.
7. Need for Speed Underground 2
8. Need for Speed the Run
9. Mario Kart 7
10. Flatout

List is in no particular order.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Kit Fisto on January 19, 2013, 12:09:48 PM
That must be a typo. You meant to put SWBFI right? RIGHT!?
Um...  [spoiler]no[/spoiler]
I do not play SWBF1 online since my computer is on it's last legs and I do not want to risk ruining my computer with tungle or gameranger. SWBF2 is as good or better then the original in my opinion, I just wish people on SWBF2 where as nice as the ones on SWBF1.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

January 19, 2013, 02:53:13 PM #85 Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 02:56:06 PM by SirPimped
Quote from: Josh on January 19, 2013, 06:09:59 AM
Republic Commando is definately the best Star Wars game I own now, sorry guys.
In my opinion, and the opinion of many others, the best Star Wars game is Knights of the Old Republic. If you haven't played this game I highly recommend it.

And for the record, the best Mario Kart game is Mario Kart 64 if anyone even remembers that.

January 19, 2013, 02:58:26 PM #86 Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 03:00:15 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: SirPimped on January 19, 2013, 02:53:13 PM
In my opinion, and the opinion of many others, the best Star Wars game is Knights of the Old Republic. If you haven’t played this game I highly recommend it.

And for the record, the best Mario Kart game is Mario Kart 64 if anyone even remembers that.

NO! THE ORIGINAL SNES ONE WAS THE BEST!!

Just kidding, but the N64 one was really good. My fav is actually Mario Kart Wii, since it's the only one I own besides Double Dash for the GameCube, or Super Circuit for GameBoy. :P

Im looking forward for projectCARS too!!!

Quote from: SirPimped on January 19, 2013, 02:53:13 PM
In my opinion, and the opinion of many others, the best Star Wars game is Knights of the Old Republic. If you haven't played this game I highly recommend it.

Ohhh yeah, I wasted so many hours on mario kart 64. That as well as Super Smash Bros. 64, Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, and of course star fox 64. I am really tempted to go get my 64 out of the basement now. Those games are all the awesome.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: {212th} Norris on January 19, 2013, 04:46:08 PM
Ohhh yeah, I wasted so many hours on mario kart 64. That as well as Super Smash Bros. 64

Now you're talking! That game was my favorite game as a kid. I still have an N64 and play Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros with friends. It gets really competitive!