BFBuilder Pro Script Errors

Started by wishihadaname, September 07, 2015, 03:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 07, 2015, 03:35:24 PM Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 03:38:05 PM by wishihadaname
I am having some issues getting BFBuilder Pro working on my computer. I am running intel i5 windows 7 64 bit. The application launches but nothing works, I get script errors as soon as I hover over the project button. It looks like some of the application data isn't getting initialized because the error is claiming that "MenuButtonOver" is null or undefined.

I can get a bit further with regular BFBuilder, it will get as far as making a new project and then I get a similar script error that says that the value for 'NewWorld' is null or undefined. I'm not really sure what the issue here is.

I downloaded the repackaged version from this site by Led.

Is there a tutorial for how to do all of this manually? I think the issue may be endemic to windows 7.

edit: I am in the correct folder before anyone asks: c:\LucasArts\BFBuilder

September 07, 2015, 03:44:50 PM #1 Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 03:47:27 PM by Led
Make sure you using the 64-bit munge batch file.  If you have installed your operating system in a non-standard location, you will need to edit the batch file to direct it to the right spot.

Can you make a screen shot of the errors?  What internet browser do you use? 

Several people have gotten errors lately, but they seem to go away when the mod tools are installed exactly as described in the readme file.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I use chrome as my default browser but I have the latest internet explorer installed as well. I don't think this has anything to do with the munge file because I can run it manually just fine using the provided Windows7 munge.bat. My operating system is a standard installation, no partitions or other advanced tricks just a factory installed windows 7 package with the latest service pack.

Here is a picture of the error i'm getting, its caused every time I hover over the project tab (meaning I can't do anything at all). http://postimg.org/image/9qzzzsrfv/

Honestly if I can run munge manually I probably don't need BFBuilder at all. Do you guys have a tutorial for how to set up a project folder manually as well? I'm just looking to do a sides/combat overhaul not a map.

try this one http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=4500.msg43828#msg43828
here is a mp4 setup vid https://mega.nz/#!KEAVGKQY!HNdHp-DpyN84HS2QhacG7tvJK_83Y81QJzohu4yDB6w showing how to use making a few edits to a odf then munge, and the folder the new side is made in for your games side folder. backup your original side folder in the game folder.

September 08, 2015, 01:39:15 PM #4 Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 01:41:25 PM by -RepubliqueCmdr-
If all else fails, you can also try either one of these in place of the HTAs functionality;
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1138
They are executable compiled versions of the HTAs, and helped when I was modding on my Windows 7.

Just move the executable files to the same location as BFBuilder.hta, and run either as desired.

OK, here are some more ideas:

-check that you have java installed
-check to make sure your browser does not have a java blocker turned on

September 08, 2015, 04:19:03 PM #6 Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 04:41:19 PM by wishihadaname
Java is installed and there is no blocker running (I do web development so i'm sure of both).

Also, the .exe versions of BFBuilder provided above had the same error occur.

Edit: The side builder munge works so i'm just gonna start working on my mod. I'm not adding in new models just modifying weapon parameters and doing a general balance pass (CIS why u so OP???)

September 08, 2015, 06:24:57 PM #7 Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 06:29:48 PM by Led
One last item--you might try running it with your anti virus turned off.  Something is blocking those scripts...I run a standard windows 7 system, and it all works for me...

edit:  it may also be a java version issue  (but it is hard for me to trouble shoot errors I don't have)

Anyway, good luck on your sides   :cheers: