Closest Battlefront Match EVER

Started by Ultimo, October 04, 2014, 04:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ticket Count: 0 - 0

This match happened near 30 minutes before my post, on the CC Fastspawn Server.
It was a very close match down to the last several minutes. When the tickets came to 1-1, I was dueling (212)Beta on the East platform hallway (East if looking at the map normally.)
Beta and I ended up killing eachother about the same moment, resulting in a 0-0 Ticket count on the scorecard.

I've never seen this before- It was interesting to me.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

This happened to me on an FC (or maybe it was Bob) server. I managed to save my team from losing by getting a kill whilst another person on the other team got a kill. It is quite rare. When it happened to me it gave my team the "lose" screen. Not sure about other team. Did you get a "lose" screen? Not that it really matters, just curious.  :P

(If I where I cat I would be dead... :XD:)

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

I did get a lose screen, which means Beta probably managed to get the jump on me and my dead-man bullet caught him after that.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: ևltimσ on October 04, 2014, 05:13:50 PM
I did get a lose screen, which means Beta probably managed to get the jump on me and my dead-man bullet caught him after that.

That may be the case, but since I got the lose screen, do you think it's possible that both teams in this situation got the lose screen?

This actually may have some use, in case of an ICW or some other tournament tie. Or in the use of modding, because if the winner is based of time alive or tickets left.

I have no clue if the other team got the lose screen.
And when I went to ask if the players noticed the funny scorecard, they all basically said they didn't pay attention.

Seems like I'm the only person left who Screenshots his card after actual matches >.>
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Yeah I (Polygon) got defeat on emp side. Video replay shows our ticket reaching 0 first.

Quote from: ևltimσ on October 04, 2014, 05:52:34 PM
Seems like I'm the only person left who Screenshots his card after actual matches >.>

I do. But only if I'm not ashamed of my score. Err...  I guess I don't screenshot my scores.  :ohmy:

Hmm...  since the game gives win/loses based on tickets when game stops, I wonder if there is a way to mod maps so that a team can win before the tickets go to zero. But I don't mod and I never have, so I'm not sure if that's part of the map creating or in the game where we cannot reach.
-------------------------------------------------

Thanks for showing me, Ultimo. :cheers:

No problem, I'll probably show anything I think this community might be interested in...

Also, not sure if you meant it, but you worded your last post like you didn't know that capping all the CP's can win the match before hitting zero. I'm sure you know that, I just read you like you didn't. lol.

Anyways, I don't think it's possible to end a map without a ticket reaching zero- If you notice, even on the CP win, the enemy tickets jump to Zero when the Countdown ends, regardless of what the ticket number was before.
I'm willing to bet it's set up so that the end of a map is signaled by the Ticket count ending.

In other words...
Ticket bar is Love.
Ticket bar is Life.
Ticket bar is SALLY
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I've played a few games where this has happened. My victory/defeat screen is modded not to show the words so I just go by reinforcements. I would consider this a "draw game". It is very unlikely to happen in DTC, but if it did, it would require a rematch.

That's very rare, considering. The game will say "Defeat" for both sides. Gungans win.
I have a screenshot of a 0 - 0 conclusion:

Quote from: Kelle on October 04, 2014, 11:33:52 PM
That's very rare, considering. The game will say "Defeat" for both sides. Gungans win.
I have a screenshot of a 0 - 0 conclusion:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Considering that was Mos Eisley, I'd say it was a Jawa win. :P
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

The Jawas are our new supreme overlords, I feel like I have gotten a 0-0 a while ago... I think it might have been on the Invincible server though, so it would make sense to do that.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

October 05, 2014, 06:57:59 AM #12 Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 02:28:13 PM by Carbon27

Quote from: ևltimσ on October 04, 2014, 10:25:44 PM

Anyways, I don't think it's possible to end a map without a ticket reaching zero- If you notice, even on the CP win, the enemy tickets jump to Zero when the Countdown ends, regardless of what the ticket number was before.
I'm willing to bet it's set up so that the end of a map is signaled by the Ticket count ending.

So, let's say Team A loses with 15 Tickets left. Team B wins if their tickets are above 0 and Team A's are less then 15. Both teams get 20 second CP countdown, if the countdown gets to zero, normal rules apply.

Team A get's lose screen but still get's to run around until 15 units are killed, thus, giving them a shot to give the other team a lose by stealing all the command posts. But yes, this whole crazy idea of mine would really on changing some setting that we probably can't. (The setting being that 15 tickets left would be a loss)

So, yes, the game ends at zero tickets. But zero tickets doesn't determine whether the other team wins/loses.

[EDIT] Looked at Kelle's screenshot and I would be willing to bet that is the same game I mentioned above.

It's strange that in a few thousand matches I've never seen a tie. The closest match I've been in is this one that I posted before.
[spoiler]
Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on May 17, 2014, 12:18:11 PM
Here's the closest finish I remember:

And it was fair teams as well:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Perhaps we could somehow set up a Timed match? Instead of relying on the Ticket count, the match ends when the Clock reaches Zero. Team with most kills/points/CPs wins.

GDH, That looks like a really fun match, the one with the droids. But you posted the wrong scorecard for that match :P
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper