Toasting aoe2 (Solved)

Started by Rexy, June 30, 2009, 08:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 30, 2009, 08:46:04 PM Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 12:53:39 PM by Hardcore
well as my computer disc drive broke down with aoe2 in it I would like to make a toast image of it before I throw aoe2 away. I have Toast 8 platinum. If anyone could plz tell me how to make a toast image of the game it would be much appreciated.

Does it at least recognize the CD?

#TYBG

Yes it recognizes the aoe2 disc on my computer but its real laggy when I play it becuase I think the disc is scratched.

July 02, 2009, 01:48:04 PM #3 Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 02:18:06 PM by Aeria Gloris
The disk condition doesn't affect the gameplay. If the computer at least recognizes it, then it's fine.
Here's a tutorial for you. I tried to take enough pictures so you'll get it. It's easier than it looks.

Ok, since I have Toast 10, mine will look different but it doesn't really matter. First off, the Computer needs to recognize the DVD. I'm going to use my Star Wars Battlefront DVD since I don't have AOE2, but there's no difference either.

Here's a the picture of Toast and the DVD:

Now, drag that DVD to the Toast ICON. If you don't know where that is, it's here:

After you do that, this pops up:

From here, all you have to do is save that DVD as an image file. The file will end with .toast.
Go to File --> Save As Disc Image. If you find that too difficult, I took a photo of that:

From there, you can give the file a name and then all that there is left is to play the waiting game. Since your disk is not in the best condition, you'll have to play the LONG waiting game. If your disc is REALLY beat up, consider it to take a few days. If it's in a slighty bad condition, then it probably will take just a few minutes of your time.

EDIT: I forgot this part. If you want to mount the TOAST file so that the computer thinks that your DVD drive is in there, right click the file and left click the word, mount it. It should be at the bottom. That way, you don't need the DVD in that drive. I'll get a picture of that in a moment.

EDIT 2:

#TYBG

Before i deleted it, i found out you didnt need the disk to play. When you're in a room and it says you need the disk when the game's starting you press the little disk and it works! I lost mine, so i cant play anymore. I also deleted it.

Thanks a million Aeria!  :cheers:  :cheer: Your a life saver. I dont know why but that disc is always messing around and when I ever click on the disc image once my comp shows that spinning thing :( and I have to restart my computer... Thanks again :)

No problem Rex! That's what I'm here for.

I'm considering editing this and posting a separate tutorial if Jedikiller will sticky it.

#TYBG