Jet Wars

Started by Are§, February 24, 2013, 03:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
The most easy way to get alpha channel to your tga:
Just copy stock Dark Trooper tga from assets (it has alpha channel), and repaint it to any needed skin. Still, it have exactly Dark Trooper's alpha channel, so reflections on clone helmets may be incorrect.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Sereja on February 25, 2013, 06:29:08 AM
The most easy way to get alpha channel to your tga:
Just copy stock Dark Trooper tga from assets (it has alpha channel), and repaint it to any needed skin. Still, it have exactly Dark Trooper's alpha channel, so reflections on clone helmets may be incorrect.
What I do with gimp is go file -> new
Then open advanced branch and make sure background is set to transparency
the dimensions are same as your current tga which you copy and save as overwrite the original
this replaces white background with alpha

Quote from: Phobos on February 25, 2013, 06:19:41 AM
any mod maps you run through the addon folder are going to have their own core which superscedes the stock core (which is what urs replaces). i dont think it loads localization from both cores but i could be wrong.

ok, at least the sides still work for mod maps in addon, as long as they dont have their own.

And thanks for the help with the alpha channel, ill be sure to try it out. And for the sake of knowledge, what will adding the alpha channel do for the shiny models?

Oh, alpha cnannel, it's a hidden secondary black&white texture, that may be inside tga. By this texture, you may regulate intencity of shines (or transparency), in certain spots, of your tga. It is add realistic look's to any model. Totaly white color mean: very shiny, and totaly black - no shiny at all. Without alpha channel, your shiny models recognize shiny parameters, as totaly white, and adding super shiness to all skin. Actualy, this reminds me some "candy look's" :D. So, you may just look at stock Dark Trooper, and your clone models, so you may see the difference of shiny.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

i dont think 1st person is needed but fate has some cool gun models i trired to see them upclose but no 1st person :P even with free cam its kinda tricky but meh also epic mod as i said again love the skins models core ETC =D

February 25, 2013, 08:31:13 PM #20 Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 09:04:52 PM by Are§
OK guys the update is finished! Everything should be fixed, but if you guys notice anything else don't hesitate to let me know. It should be in the releases forum as soon as Led approves the download. Everyone please download that one and enjoy!  :tu:

v1.3 Update Log
[spoiler]
Jet Wars v1.3 by Are§/[FC]Fate

- added icons for melee weapons and death ray
- added alpha channel to shiny models
- fixed Hegemon Clan Jet trooper jetpack
- first person added[/spoiler]

EDIT: new download is ready  :cheer: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=6147.msg64080#msg64080

Also
Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on February 24, 2013, 07:03:29 PM
One slight thing I noticed. The rebs won everytime, even when I capped all the cps, they still won. I don't know if perhaps the sides are a tad unbalanced with weapons, or if it's just that there was no reinforcement bleed, but they still won.

I have tested and found that the mod is very capable of winning with Empire (although it is easier on some maps rather than others), you just gotta watch out for those pesky AmeriClan Jets with their Hyper Rifles lol. but if you keep struggling with it you can always just try easy difficulty setting  :shrug: