Converted BF2 Test Planet

Started by DylanRocket, September 06, 2013, 04:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 06, 2013, 04:17:38 PM Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 06:45:48 PM by DylanRocket
=======================================
A STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT MODIFICATION
=======================================
AUTHOR:DylanRocket/Pandemic
RELEASE DATE:9/6/2013

DESCRIPTION: This is just the BF2 test map converted to BF1. I did not edit the map at all. Everything you see is Pandemic's.

CREDITS:
DylanRocket - Converting
Pandemic - Original Map
Psych0fred - Releasing map assets

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tewfnzk2gzrqja6/testplanet.rar

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1035

Could someone merge this topic with the other?(Don't know how the other came.)

What's the test map? Is it Naboo: Prototype? Are there screenshots and/or videos? This sounds interesting...

I'll check this out, nice to see new mod maps being released.

September 06, 2013, 04:24:49 PM #3 Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 04:28:53 PM by DylanRocket
Quote from: Kit Fisto on September 06, 2013, 04:19:52 PM
What's the test map? Is it Naboo: Prototype? Are there screenshots and/or videos? This sounds interesting...

Its not as good as it seems. Mostly flat except one hill and a bunch of objects.

I'd take pictures but when I do they never show up.  ??? I am using Windows 8.

I can try to convert Naboo: Prototype.(I also like that map. :D )

Is this the one off of the SecretSociety website?  I converted it successfully to BF1 (not released) but was more interested in the stuff in the assets than the actual map.  If this is it then:
Quote from: PsychoFred
No it was never a map for BF2. It was just a level where artists could test assets.
The only "original" map for BF1 was the prototype map which only worked with a very early version of teh game engine.
Quote from my email about this specific level.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on September 06, 2013, 04:50:07 PM
Is this the one off of the SecretSociety website?  I converted it successfully to BF1 (not released) but was more interested in the stuff in the assets than the actual map.  If this is it then:Quote from my email about this specific level.

Yes. So they used this to test their assets? I kind of thought so because its pretty empty.

Everyone should have a test map to try new things in before committing them to whatever map you are working on.

September 06, 2013, 05:36:09 PM #7 Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 05:39:45 PM by Snake
So this is Chain Isle from the secret society site?

---

Nvm, just tried it. Cool! Where are the assets? I've never seen this on the site
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: tirpider on September 06, 2013, 05:05:26 PM
Everyone should have a test map to try new things in before committing them to whatever map you are working on.
This is very important advice. Also test each component separately first to ensure full functionality.

Quote from: Snake on September 06, 2013, 05:36:09 PM
So this is Chain Isle from the secret society site?

---

Nvm, just tried it. Cool! Where are the assets? I've never seen this on the site

http://www.secretsociety.com/forum/downloads/BF2Docs/BF2TestLevel/TEST.zip

September 15, 2013, 11:49:33 AM #10 Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 11:52:00 AM by Snake
There's all kinds of really cool stuff in these assets. I dont think I've seen this in SWBF2, check out the attached pics.

=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Loving the helicopter thing.. One of my new favorite toys!

Quote from: Snake on September 15, 2013, 11:49:33 AM
There's all kinds of really cool stuff in these assets. I dont think I've seen this in SWBF2, check out the attached pics.

The Wookiee vehicle looks amazing, and I'd be curious to see a modder work it into SWBF1 (if possible, could add some extra flair to the Kashyyyk maps). The statue looks like it could be used in either the Theed map, or in a future Cato Nemoidia map, as I believe that model is used in the Cato Nemoidia level from Elite Squadron (I could be wrong however).

The wookie chopper would need wing animations and probably some hardpoints for weapons and pilots. Maybe Sereja can fix it up. The fountain needs a bit of a reskin. I could do that if RC converts it to something I can edit in sketchup
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on September 15, 2013, 06:18:23 PM
The wookie chopper would need wing animations and probably some hardpoints for weapons and pilots. Maybe Sereja can fix it up. The fountain needs a bit of a reskin. I could do that if RC converts it to something I can edit in sketchup

For wing animations couldn't you just use the Geonosian's wing animations? Or are those character only animations? As for the statue though, I agree, it is roughly textured.

EDIT: Side note here, only one more post until I reach 1000! :D