Kill Death Tracker

Started by Rexy, August 07, 2009, 09:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was wondering if there was an app that would track your kills and deaths in swbf. Or if it is even possible to make this?

I think that's possible on GameSpy (it's gamespy afterall) but not on GameRanger.

#TYBG

How would I get that to work then?

gamespy is a gaming network, and its on the PC version of battlefront, as well as halo (mac and pc) and other games.

Xfire does it for PC only tho

xFire records your gaming time, not your K/D ratio.

#TYBG

Now that we clarified that there is one. Is it possible to get it for a mac? If so can you give me some steps?

I'm guessing GameSpy does it by monitoring the network communication, so if someone cracked the protocol it could be written

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

Ok so who will crack the protocol for me? Or is that illegal?

prolly not illegal but you would need a decent hacker (Pi)

What makes you jump instantly to my name? :P

Actually, I know part of the protocol already. Some of you may know of the swbf php monitor. Whoever wrote it figured out how the server is pinged for data. The returned packet has the current status of the player, as well as the current map. I might be able to ping the server every few seconds to get a current snapshot and record the last one when the map changes, but it may miss some last second kills.

That would be awesome if you could do that :)
Might be cool to have a tourney with this with who kills the most in 1 week or something :)

If you wanted to keep track of your kills and deaths, you could right it down. Old school technology

I at one point was going to build a ingame tracker going off of a game tracker for Ghost Recon (CBLog) it was a great app and worked wonders, i could try to pick back up on the project but i don't have the source for the other tracker anymore, and i'm not sure if i could get it.

Also i'm not really sure its worth anyones time considering how inactive SWBF really is.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

This is summer vacation! Nothings worth my time right now :P