Geonosis Canyon (Redux)

Started by Ty294, July 28, 2021, 11:50:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 28, 2021, 11:50:15 AM Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 05:54:44 AM by Ty294
Geonosis Canyon (Redux)

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1592

A remake of my very first map, Geonosis: Canyon.

Gameplay video by wsa30h:

README:
Quote==INSTALLATION==

Place GeoCan in your Gamedata/Addon folder.

==DESCRIPTION==

A complete remake of my first ever map of the same name, though it does not resemble the original in any way.
There is a log of experimental stuff in here, and some doesn't function as well as I'd like.

==STORY==

Several years after the end of the Clone Wars, the former battleground world of Geonosis once again forced its way to the forefront of galactic attention.
A hive of rebellous Geonosians, after secretly collecting and reactivating thousands of Separatist battledroids and war machines, had begun restoring their deep underground factories to working order.
Imperial agents eventually learned about these activities, but by then the Geonosians had already assembled a significant army, coordinated by a massive droid control mainframe build deep within the planet itself.
Their operations no longer secret, the Geonosians lashed-out on the local Imperial Army garrison, quickly slaughtering most of the inexperienced troops.
However, one battalion managed to mount an assault on what was believed to be an access point to the mainframe control, but overwhelming droid and local resistance halted this advance.
The army unit managed to hold a clearing further up the canyon long enough for reinforcements to arrive; a legion of the Empire's elite Stormtroopers, along with new, top-line equipment.
It was time for the Empire to make these bugs wish they'd all died mercifully during the Clone Wars...

==CREDITS==

God because in the end, all things are his assets
Pysch0fred for the Vehicle Pad texture and misc. assets and information
Vyse for the custom sound tutorial
Phobos for the music tool
Gistech/giftheck for the DLT-19s (and OOM Droid (I think))
Sereja for the DH-17, Blaster Effects
AQT for the scaled SBD animations
FragMe! for the terrain cutters
WhiskeyTangoFoxX for Imperial Officer
tirpider for Imperial ATAT Commander
DarthD.U.C.K for Unversal Dead Units
Anyone I missed if you find something of yours in here, please let me know and I will update the credits!

And the good folks at SWBFGamers and Gametoast for all the help on various other matters!

==NOTES & BUGS==

This map is optimized for maximum graphic levels only. Playing this map with lower graphics settings will result in a drastic drop-off in visual quality.

There is an easter egg hidden in plain sight on this map!

Known Bugs:

*Hangar sometimes does not render, resulting in weird visible holes in the terrain
 *AI sometimes get stuck on objects

July 28, 2021, 12:11:18 PM #1 Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 12:26:22 PM by wsa30h Reason: forgot important details
very awesome map wish you could play the droids but it makes sense story wise that you cant. I have made a gameplay video of your map i havent played the entire map but i played a lot.
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

Glad to see you back modding. Used to love the platforms map you made back in the day.

This is a great map, I enjoy this sort of level where you have to fight from one end to the other and the increasing challenge as it gets more enclosed is just right. The rearguard giving a story element is a nice touch.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I now feel kind of stupid for posting a release thread already. I completely forgot that it automatically posts a release thread when the file is approved. :slap:

Quote from: wsa30h on July 28, 2021, 12:11:18 PMvery awesome map wish you could play the droids but it makes sense story wise that you cant. I have made a gameplay video of your map i havent played the entire map but i played a lot.

Awesome! Thanks for doing that! If you're good with it I'd like to link that video in the opening post and on the Gamefront download page too.

Quote from: PhilMitchell6 on July 29, 2021, 12:44:18 AMGlad to see you back modding. Used to love the platforms map you made back in the day.

It's good to be back! And yeah, good old Ranen: Platforms. Was quite possibly my favorite map of my own back then. Reminds me that I need to make a better texture for the Imperial X-Wing if I ever use that vehicle again.

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on July 29, 2021, 01:26:29 AMThis is a great map, I enjoy this sort of level where you have to fight from one end to the other and the increasing challenge as it gets more enclosed is just right. The rearguard giving a story element is a nice touch.

Thanks! It took a lot of trickery with the planning and unit AI to actually get that whole thing to work. I almost abandoned it a few times, but finally got it to function correctly after a while.

yes go for it link that video.
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh