New Free to Play Battelfield Game to be Released

Started by Nikoli, November 05, 2010, 09:06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Battlefield Play4Free - Teaser Trailer #1 (ESRB)

Looks pretty sweet. And if it's using the same system as Battlefield: Heroes it will work on the Mac too. Who know, maybe it will be the new MPC game?

Hopefully this one will turn out far more polished than Battlefield Heroes. I've signed up for the beta and I've played the full version and they both just don't appeal to me.

This however should be interesting. I am hoping that the engine is computer friendly because most play4free players have cheap computers. It generally increases the player base. :)

Also this may be the first good play4free shooter. The only one that I consider even "playable" is Combat Arms. I hope DICE doesn't drop the ball on this one.

#TYBG

It's using the same game engine as BF2142 and from what I was reading, they have it optimized so that it can be played on netbooks even.

As far as i know, BHF does not work on the Mac, atleast not currently- aside from that i'm not really sure on this it from the video looks like a middle ground graphics between the style of BHF and BFBC2.....something i don't really see doing well.....but it is free so that could change alot.

Ether way i'd like to see it in action :)
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Accidently stumbled on this old thread...

Wow! In the last 4 years, Battlefield has really come a long way. Graphics, Gameplay, and popularity!

Appears as though Play4Free is still relatively popular to some audiences, I'm getting a good bit of hits on YouTube for it now.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper