Mind Bafillin' Time

Started by {TCE}Call-of-Duty, January 28, 2014, 07:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well its that time of my life where I have to make your thinker box hurt with math and abstract and controversial physics. So I thought to make you wonder about the meaning of life with a page about the 4th dimension, but then I realized that about half of you are big giant science super nerds. So I have page links to Wiki about the Zero, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th dimensions that I had no idea existed until tonight. Have Fun going deranged over thinking about dimensions that are almost impossible to imagine. [spoiler]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-dimensional_space[/spoiler] [spoiler]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five-dimensional_space[/spoiler] [spoiler]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-dimensional_space[/spoiler] [spoiler]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven-dimensional_space[/spoiler] [spoiler]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight-dimensional_space[/spoiler]
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

January 28, 2014, 07:56:19 PM #1 Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 07:58:19 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Warning, I have no solid proof on all of what I'm going to say here. (Not possible to, unless you created this whole reality thing we have here.)

I like to think of dimensions are a layer (Sketchup for example; has modifiable layers you can utilize for whatever you wish. Same with Unity 3d game engine and most other descent engines).

3d just being something like a video game (yes you can move like there is a time, but that would be utilizing the already existing time we have here, not creating it's own, which in my opinion would be creating another reality..).
4d being 3d with time.
5d being with added connections between entities (spiritual maybe..)

and on and on you could go with trying to imagine things.

I imagine it all depends on how many and how you are connected to, the amount of dimensions you are connected to (you can turn layers off/not render them in game engines, but certain ones depend on others to work correctly) to be able to recognize and utilize them.

I also do not believe time must exist for certain things to act as if they were in time. I think time is a weird sort of addon.. Yet some how it works  :blink:

edit- I will now log off before I get some rather strange replies.

January 28, 2014, 08:03:26 PM #2 Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 08:05:16 PM by {TCE}Call-of-Duty
Not so fast... BUT FASTER THAN THAT. That was really deep man, but it was extremely confusing, can you dumb it down? (You know my standards)

Okay so like,
You have several papers (one for each dimension).
And together than make a book (who would read a one page book?)

--Also didn't mention this before, but you generally have two covers to a book (like /start and /end functions in programming.. sort of, it's far too complicated to explain with words.. but it certainly works with math :P) which I guess you could label as "reality," what holds it all together (so in a sense, a library can exist with lots of books.. If you have seen that whole universe in a bubble documentary on netflix, you know what I am talking about.)

Now you can rip pages out of that book (as long as it's not a library book, or else you pay the price.. :P )
but it will be a tad strange to go from "Johnny was eating a donut when.. ~~ The mouse exploited his plans of escape and nailed him with a nerf gun!"

But it can, in a sense, work.

You can read a whole bunch of pages if they are there.
So you read 3 pages of that book. You have just played a video game (3 pages = 3 dimensions)

Down as far as I can go this time buddy..

So if I read 3 pages in a book I played a video game? Ah well anyone else got any more explanations of the dimensions that lead to the meaning of life and so on?

You should watch some of the matrix movies, they're totally dope with all this fun stuff.

--
I could argue that you can create an alternate reality with a computer if you wanted to.. Its all how you define what a reality is(even better yet, define consciousness, define emotions..) You can have numbers flying across your screen and say it had good graphics. Seriously, those numbers could represent a very nice visual, and I suppose if you had a crazy excuse for a brain you could read all of it at once and imagine what the visual would look like.

Just because you don't see something one way (or at all), does not, in fact, mean that it doesn't exist, or have values you do not realize.

January 29, 2014, 11:53:01 AM #6 Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 11:57:44 AM by tirpider
I don't have much to contribute here. Just another piece of reading material.

Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions - wikipedia / full text on project Gutenberg
There is also a neato animation of it somewhere. The book is better though.

A prose description of the nature of dimensions and how they might be perceived from other dimensions. Not too heady and a nice, short read.

But if reality isn't your thing, there is always the Lovecraftian stuff. meh.
I got fed up with extra dimensional things when quaternions entered my life.

January 29, 2014, 04:31:00 PM #7 Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 08:43:52 PM by {TCE}Call-of-Duty
*Starting to regret ever making this forum due to GEEKS and their overcomplicated and confusing explanations of alternate dimensions*

I myself have only briefly overlooked the 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th dimensions as well. The amount of detail though in each dimension is quite hard to comprehend, especially in the 7th and 8th dimensions. The only shape that can give us an idea of the 4th dimension though is a tessaract (of which I've seen an animation of, and an actual model).

I'm no brainy science major (I actually hate Science in school), but I can definitely say the dimensions beyond our 3rd dimension are vast.

Of course though (and this is not entirely in relation to dimensions), the multiverse theory is equally fascinating. The fact that there is a mirrored and alternative universe in which a multitude of outcomes occurred from 1 decision. Each universe with a different decision, the possibilities are literally endless! I might be speaking sci-fi for all I care, but I still find this very fascinating.

In any case, figured I'd toss my two cents in. :P

Also, due to nerds? I don't have glasses, braces, and put pens in my chest-pocket all the time, but I can definitely say that I'm not one of those. If anything just call me a geek. :P

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on January 29, 2014, 07:33:32 PM
Sure, go with that term.
Well what term do you want

January 29, 2014, 08:41:24 PM #11 Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 08:43:07 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Quote from: Gold Man on January 29, 2014, 07:57:49 PM
Also, due to nerds? I don't have glasses, braces, and put pens in my chest-pocket all the time, but I can definitely say that I'm not one of those. If anything just call me a geek. :P
Accepted.
I know lots of cool geeks, heh (and hardly any of them are SW geeks !?)
--
Also, if we were going for non-scify, I wouldn't have engaged alot of the things I said.
While I think it's possible, I seriously doubt that alot of it IS [spoiler=Warning, Christianity glimpse]Kind of like how God created everything aged, so the first man wasn't a baby, and the earth and universe come of age. I do believe a super nova could create/and is cause of all that fun stuff we so often condemn as incorrect as  Christians, but I believe because everything was created aged that none of that was necessary (simulated that way with a time lapse, if you will.). All of my believe and knowledge (however wrong or right it may be) does leave room for my uncensored belief in Christianity. In fact, it almost revolves around that..[/spoiler]

I don't try to wrap my mind around all this too often (why would anyone need to?), after all it's just for a bit of expansion of the imagination for entertainment, which is not wrong, but not necessary/nor worth the time.

edit- I must be quite entertained by all of this nonsense, because I am making horrible grammar mishaps left and right :P

Yea I am a bit of a History/Science geek (Changed  :censored: to geeks). Nice touch with the uncensored Christianity post too.

Best thing to do is not think about it because it'll only further how meaningless our lives what happens to the earth and our universe really is

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on January 29, 2014, 08:41:24 PM
I don't try to wrap my mind around all this too often (why would anyone need to?), after all it's just for a bit of expansion of the imagination for entertainment, which is not wrong, but not necessary/nor worth the time.

Eh, I don't blame ya. There's actually some Christians who believe Evolution co-exists with God creating the earth. By no means am I saying they're wrong or right, just tossing a statement there. :P

Since we do have rules about religious topics however, I'l try and veer it away from there so that our post doesn't get locked.

And RC, you've never met any SW geeks!? I'm a SW geek, Kit probably is, and I was friends with a SW geek before I joined this website! :o