What is LAN

Started by Black Water, August 18, 2012, 12:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
What is LAN? Is it like Internet or.... :cheers:

Quote from: {212}Mart on August 18, 2012, 12:46:51 PM
What is LAN? Is it like Internet or.... :cheers:
LAN stands for Local Area Network. Basically, you can play with people on SWBF if they are connected to your internet.

So they have to live near me? :P

Quote from: ✫Şђã·Żäм✫ on August 18, 2012, 12:55:44 PM
LAN stands for Local Area Network. Basically, you can play with people on SWBF if they are connected to your internet.

In other words you don't have to be connected to the internet just someone elses computer. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Oh so if my parents take away internet i can still play online? :cheers:

Only if you have someone else with battlefront and a PC in your house. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Well that makes LAN useless :D , but thanks Gdh :cheers:

Quote from: {212}Mart on August 18, 2012, 01:11:34 PM
Well that makes LAN useless :D

Not if you have a friend, or brother who likes to play the game and you have SWBF installed on 2 computers...

Quote from: {212}Mart on August 18, 2012, 01:11:34 PM
Well that makes LAN useless :D
Not really.
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206205

The only problem with VLAN hosts is that they can be quite laggy at times.

Thanks Phobos :cheers: And i only have one computer kitfisto :D ....and what are the chances of someone else playing Swbf in your city.... :o

Quote from: {212}Mart on August 18, 2012, 01:28:01 PM
and what are the chances of someone else playing Swbf in your city.... :o
depends what city? A city like LA or New York? Pretty high! They might be playing on a console but they are still playing! I know a couple people who still play the game!  :rtfm: TAKE THAT!  :rofl:

Yes but i live in a small city :( in the woods :'( , but i hope Phobos thing works incase Lucasarts decides to shut down Online servers :(

Quote from: {212}Mart on August 18, 2012, 01:41:51 PM
Yes but i live in a small city :( in the woods :'( , but i hope Phobos thing works incase Lucasarts decides to shut down Online servers :(
I hope they dont

Me too. Swbf online is the only reason i even get on a computer :'(

LAN is mainly used for LAN parties, in which friends are invited round with Laptops/etc and everybody sets up in various rooms of the house, connect to the internet and play over the LAN.
I have no idea if people actually do them anymore, I haven't been to one for a long time.