Munge request

Started by Ryanoceros, March 03, 2009, 02:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 04, 2009, 07:33:48 PM #15 Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 02:38:43 PM by The_Pi
ok I'm creating the folders. Here's how I'm setting up

3 mods will be sent :Datarya# with # being 1-3

Each one will have the 4 major sides pre-setup. They are also named "Ryan's Map #[1-3]". To change the name, go to Datarya#/addme and open addme.lua. On the second line of text you should see the Map name (variable showstr). Feel free to change that however you want, but this has no affect on side mods, and mission maps take more work than I've set this up to.

Make sure the Datarya# folders are in the same directory level as DataMod1 and DataMod2 (basically under BFBuilder)

To compile the mod, go to Datarya# and double-click on munge.bat. After it is done, a notepad window should pop up with any errors that happened. Close that then type anything into the Command Prompt to finish the munge.

The mod lvls can be found in BFBuilder/AddOn/Datarya#/Data/_lvl_pc/Side, or you can go to BFBuilder/Datarya#/_LVL_PC/Side.

NOTE: The first time you munge will take significantly longer than most other munges, as it is doing EVERYTHING, including the map which you don't need. All of the models will be munged for the first time as well. After the first time, it should only munge things that have changed. I will not pre-compile for you as it is violating the EULA (distributing the original lvl files)

NOTE 2: All the major side lvl files will be made even if you didn't do anything with them. Just ignore the ones you didn't mess with.

This is for side mods only. If you want a mission map done send me a PM and I'll set up a special mission map for you since you. Just tell me what map you want to mission-ize, the short name (like maz1), and the title that appears on the map selection screen.

//http://files.filefront.com/RyanModsrar/;13412348;/fileinfo.html

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

Awesome!
I'll give it try and let you all know how it turns out.
Thanks so much. :)

Download attached to the instructions post. please note that it is a 250 meg download

Excellent. I'm downloading now. Thanks!

... Once I get comfortable with it I'll try to do a mission map. :)

Well, I did a few changes to the odf files and munged it. But for some reason the sides don't work, the game crashes when I start it.
Any idea why that might happen?

.... Edit ....

Well, it appears that "some" of the munge worked. The color changes are there, but the weapons seem to be messed up. not all the weapons show in the character selection screen, and then the game crashes before I can start. Any ideas? It must be something in the code that is messed up. any tricks I need to know?

Did you try to give a character a weapon from another team? That could mess it up. If that's not the case, send me ONLY the ODF folders that you edited and I'll check it

EDIT: I just saw the other topic with the source.

Howdy,
Nah, I didn't use different weapons from other factions. The same as in the beta version that jedikiller munged successfully.

Yeah the source is posted in the other thread . Thanks for the help! :)