SWBF

Started by quik, May 15, 2010, 01:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
What can we say?

Name the reason why you love/loved this very beloved game.

Mine is: It is probably the most fun I've ever had with people I've never met. The game was simplistic and the players, as short (on amount) as they were, were family.

:)

R.I.P. SWBF1 - Greatest Game Ever
.:AM:. Quik <3: ag..
.:AM:. Quik <3: his avatar...
.:AM:. Quik <3: is really gay..
.:AM:. Quik <3: lol
Droideka: avatar isn't gay!
Droideka: AG is

.:AM:. Quik <3: don't worry, i like you
.:AM:. Quik <3: that's all that matters
Droideka: NOO
Droideka: i only care about BD
Droideka: that sounded gay

i loved this game because it was my first ever multiplayer game. I will always remember my early gaming *career* there. i love its lovable inferior graphics and funny glitches that are numerous in every map, wether they be on purpose or not.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Mostly the people. The community, at least mac side, was very tight nit, and their were times when you knew everyone, and everyone knew you. Good times.

So many firsts with this game. First use of custom maps and mods, first time coming to an online community, and the first game that I really got addicted to and played it almost every day. The best thing about battlefront is its great community.

Quote from: Blade on May 15, 2010, 10:04:28 PM
Mostly the people. The community, at least mac side, was very tight nit, and their were times when you knew everyone, and everyone knew you. Good times.

Man I have to agree with this. IMO the mac side was better than the PC side. We all practically knew each other so much to a point where we verbally made rules on servers. That eventually led to servers being "CC no bots no cps" however it was still good times. :D

#TYBG

When I first saw SWBF I thought it looked amazing; playing though the movies even if it didn't have heroes, and when I got it it was great for awhile. Then it got boring for a bit and I found out about custom maps. The maps I was almost always looking for where movie maps; and I found many. There was this one I found Kmino; Jango Fett vs Obi-Wan; and there was the falcon! And when I flew it it felt so much like the movies! I have tried many other star wars games and total conversions to find the same feeling.

Quote from: ag on May 16, 2010, 07:24:05 AM
Man I have to agree with this. IMO the mac side was better than the PC side. We all practically knew each other so much to a point where we verbally made rules on servers. That eventually led to servers being "CC no bots no cps" however it was still good times. :D
Yeah, I agree. When I transferred over to the PC side of Battlefront it was much less of a community feeling than the Mac side had. Granted, I still could play with you guys, but it wasn't quite the same as it used to be.

I liked Battlefront a lot. It was easy to play, rewarding, fairly diverse, and had a great community for its earlier days.  It was a great game primarily because of who played it, not the game itself. The game's not that great. But with the people that are in the community, the game became a lot better than it normally would have been. I've played a lot of online games, and I can say that I've never really found a community as good as the Mac SWBF players back in 06-07.

Which, obviously, is why this community is still around.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

I love it cause of the people i know/knew. the smaller the community the more people you knew. And as ag said we knew each other so well that we could make rules. I do think its a shame that everybody is now going to CoD and all the other games.

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Quote from: Jedikiller on May 16, 2010, 07:40:49 AM
Yeah, I agree. When I transferred over to the PC side of Battlefront it was much less of a community feeling than the Mac side had. Granted, I still could play with you guys, but it wasn't quite the same as it used to be.

I liked Battlefront a lot. It was easy to play, rewarding, fairly diverse, and had a great community for its earlier days.  It was a great game primarily because of who played it, not the game itself. The game's not that great. But with the people that are in the community, the game became a lot better than it normally would have been. I've played a lot of online games, and I can say that I've never really found a community as good as the Mac SWBF players back in 06-07.

Which, obviously, is why this community is still around.

Definitely all this.  Although I will admit, I fell in love with the MLG community for awhile (hence me coming and going), but I really do love this community.  Of all the places gaming has led me, this place is very special.  Special enough to keep coming back too.

Can't wait to play with some of you on Steam once I get some games.  I'm looking to start playing CS Source, maybe some TF2.

May 16, 2010, 11:00:47 AM #9 Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 12:53:34 PM by Soap Mactavish
i find that if you play on a certain server for a long time it begins to simulate the familiarity with others that i got with SWbf. Sadly, 1 server on cod4 has more pop. than the entire mac swbf community

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Friends. Friends is the reason I play. Not the game itself. I could care less about Star Wars games. As long as I can play with friends.

Hmm... Well I have bought my first console just to play SWBF 1, that says something about my fanatical behaviour for the series. The reason why I finally got it for the Mac was to replace Jedi Knight 2 as my centre MP game (JK2 servers had died horribly)  and since then I'm happy to say I've enjoyed it far more than I ever did Jedi Knight thanks to our awesome community !!!
You guys are great  :cheer: !

well part of the reason I played it was because it was my first ever PC game but over time it came down to clanning and the community. The game is really good but I think the community from 2007 to early 2009 was really fun and inviting. It's too bad that the game is dying down but it was really good while it lasted.

This reminds me, I should play some SWBF now  :P
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Just have to say the same thing everyone else has said, COMMUNITY. SWBF is the only on-line game I have ever and will ever play. It was originally a gift for my son, but once played on-line on Game Ranger, I claimed the game for myself. I have meet a lot of friends and they come and go. This site is where I catch-up with all thing SWBF. GameRanger and the people have changed as everything does. I will still be playing even when no one else is.

Quote from: Zephyr on May 16, 2010, 03:48:07 PM
well part of the reason I played it was because it was my first ever PC game but over time it came down to clanning and the community. The game is really good but I think the community from 2007 to early 2009 was really fun and inviting. It's too bad that the game is dying down but it was really good while it lasted.

This reminds me, I should play some SWBF now  :P

Ah yes, the good old days. JMS was a great clan back then. Where I learned from you ;P I do recall young knuckle-head here spazzing out in servers back in the day. Along with Commander/Thrash. Good times, good times.
.:AM:. Quik <3: ag..
.:AM:. Quik <3: his avatar...
.:AM:. Quik <3: is really gay..
.:AM:. Quik <3: lol
Droideka: avatar isn't gay!
Droideka: AG is

.:AM:. Quik <3: don't worry, i like you
.:AM:. Quik <3: that's all that matters
Droideka: NOO
Droideka: i only care about BD
Droideka: that sounded gay