[WIP] Random Characters

Started by Nikoli, April 15, 2010, 09:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 17, 2010, 12:41:18 PM #105 Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 02:08:10 PM by Nikoli
 :slap: I just said that Gogo12 made a map for it. I planned on having about 4 maps made but it looks like there will just be one for while. And if you want you will be able to take the sides out of the map folder and replace your stock sides.

:EDIT: (new idea) When I'm done with the projects I'm working on at the moment I might make a side mod for SWBF2. It would be cool to have the regular soldier's gun would go from M16 to M4 sopmod, heavy troopers gun would go from M60 to M249, snipers would go from M24 to Berreta 50 cal. And I'm not sure what the first pistol would be but it would change to the Desert Eagle.

And I really need the rebel vanguard model from SWBF2, if anybody has a link to it or even just the texture that would save me alot of time.

QuoteEDIT: (new idea) When I'm done with the projects I'm working on at the moment I might make a side mod for SWBF2. It would be cool to have the regular soldier's gun would go from M16 to M4 sopmod, heavy troopers gun would go from M60 to M249, snipers would go from M24 to Berreta 50 cal. And I'm not sure what the first pistol would be but it would change to the Desert Eagle.

I dont mean to be pessimistic, but my personal opinion is that modders should stay away from making BF2 "universal" side mods. This isnt just because I'm biased to prefer BF1- one thing I've noticed about the BF2 mod community is that they are VERY picky, and as far as custom maps go, where once custom sides were a nice bonus, it seems nowadays they're a necessity for most people to even consider downloading  a map. Whats wrong with that? Nothing, but what it DOES mean is that your side mod for BF2 will almost certainly be incompatable with most maps, and thus players would be forced to use the stock maps again and again- which, of course, would get boring after a while. My opinion? stick with BF1 if you want to focus on side mods.

Lol, sorry, I tend to ramble. Did that make sense?  :shrug:

I will try to upload the msh and tga files today, hopefully you can make your own odf right? If not I can show you how... I have been obsessed wwith kotor2 but ive gotten annoyed to death with Nar Shadaa so i will get the files lol. and now that im back i will make the snow map.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I'm pretty sure I can take care of the ODF *nods toward picture a couple posts above with custom model in game* Also I really want the desert map finished before you release it, if you want to just can it and start on the snow map I guess that's fine.

Lol the desert map is screwed, idk what I did bt I cant fix it, we will have to use the version with the gaping hole in the canyon, but it isnt a big deal.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

You planning on having an anti-tank weapon?  Armored vehicles will rule battlefield.  javelin maybe?
http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/images/ORD_ATGM_Javelin_Launch_Immediate_lg.jpg

I'm not going to make one for the USA because they will have the advantage of actually having vehicles, their heavy trooper will carry a SAW, pistol, and knife. The insugents on the other hand :shifty:  No peaks until I'm happy with the way it looks.. 

Anyway the way I see it is if I can get enough hint nodes on the maps and make the weapons deadly enough, it will make it more of a tactical game instead of an ego shooter.  Now if only I could use my plethera of weapon noises instead of the ones that come with SWBF it would feel like a totaly different game

I think i know what it is :shifty:
[spoiler]RPG?  Can Wait!![/spoiler]

I put in a spoiler for a reason... :dry:

Hey, Nikoli, I was in the GameToast assets forum and I found these 2-handed pistol animations with realistic recoil and reloading. http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=20261

Think you could make some use of it somehow?

It's most likely usable with those animations, however the pistol might be out of proportion. It's not that big of a deal.

#TYBG

The two-handed model is only for swbf2.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

hold hold!! Napseeker has jango fett with dubble handed guns  :D (awesome)

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Thats not the same, I don't think you can remove the second gun
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder