Street Fighter

Started by aeria., June 28, 2010, 06:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
With school over for me, I'll playing Super Street Fighter IV 4 hours straight everyday. :D

Does ANYONE here play street fighter, or fighting games in general, other than me? I personally prefer fighting games over FPS games (we're swimming in FPS right now, look at E3).

#TYBG

Well I enjoy fighting games, but usually I give up on the combos and revert to button mashing. It kinda sucks when that happens, but sometimes I go "OMG how did I do that???"and it's a surprising burst of excitement. It was probably the same way when man discovered fire for the first time.

Yeah I used to button smash when I was fairly new, particularly with Ken because he is a very offensive variant of Ryu. Overtime you'll memorize certain mashes, which becomes useful combos! :D

My suggestion is to learn when to "button mash", experiment a bit, and overall, have fun while you're doing it. It's really fun to play with friends if you got some to come over. Also it's good to experiment on moves that are useful for countering, anti-air, and moves that can set you up for combos. The more you play, the more you'll appreciate the game. :D

"OMG how did I do that?!?!" moments are always great. :)

#TYBG

Fighting looks pretty cool on the XboX kinect.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Quote from: Soap Mactavish on June 28, 2010, 07:35:22 PM
Fighting looks pretty cool on the XboX kinect.

Yeah... that's not the same type of gameplay. XD

#TYBG

June 28, 2010, 08:26:11 PM #5 Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 08:29:41 PM by Soap Mactavish
lol imagine street fighter for kinect...

1000 posts :D

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon