Call of Duty: Black Ops

Started by Hardcore, April 30, 2010, 08:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 03, 2010, 08:30:03 PM #15 Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 08:32:17 PM by ag
Soap you apparently don't read the news. About 30 or so of the senior staff was either fired or resigned. The whole thing is a mess now. There's lawsuits involved, Respawn Entertainment was formed by the previous presidents of IW, and according to insiders, IW is living hell.

That's why I say they are practically defunct now. Treyarch isn't as good as IW, however the zombie mode was very fun mini-game, especially since a huge amount of DLC was free for PC users :D

Modern Warfare 2 I really had fun with in the beginning until I started noticing the flaws of the game. Eventually I just found it to be so annoying to play. It's not a terrible game, however there's many elements that's destroying what could be a very fun game. The only people that play it now are little kids who don't know anything about Call of Duty until this one came out. There's better games out there to play. Go play some Rainbow Six Vegas 2, you can't go commando in that game :P

#TYBG

Quote from: ag on May 03, 2010, 08:30:03 PM
Soap you apparently don't read the news. About 30 or so of the senior staff was either fired or resigned. The whole thing is a mess now. There's lawsuits involved, Respawn Entertainment was formed by the previous presidents of IW, and according to insiders, IW is living hell.

That's why I say they are practically defunct now. Treyarch isn't as good as IW, however the zombie mode was very fun mini-game, especially since a huge amount of DLC was free for PC users :D

Modern Warfare 2 I really had fun with in the beginning until I started noticing the flaws of the game. Eventually I just found it to be so annoying to play. It's not a terrible game, however there's many elements that's destroying what could be a very fun game. The only people that play it now are little kids who don't know anything about Call of Duty until this one came out. There's better games out there to play. Go play some Rainbow Six Vegas 2, you can't go commando in that game :P

Yea. COD's going into a slump now. I'll buy a new one in 5 years if it's still a-goin'.

*Commando is gay. it's too good. You run through bullets...
.:AM:. Quik <3: ag..
.:AM:. Quik <3: his avatar...
.:AM:. Quik <3: is really gay..
.:AM:. Quik <3: lol
Droideka: avatar isn't gay!
Droideka: AG is

.:AM:. Quik <3: don't worry, i like you
.:AM:. Quik <3: that's all that matters
Droideka: NOO
Droideka: i only care about BD
Droideka: that sounded gay

CoD will probably still be goin in 5 years

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

May 16, 2010, 04:45:15 PM #18 Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 04:54:37 PM by FirespraY
Quote from: Khyler on May 03, 2010, 05:01:40 PM
There is no more IW, basically.
Activision made a smart move in firing them, they had so much hype, they lazily put together a broken game.
This is true to its fullest.
Modern Warfare 2, is a broken, unpolished game, covered by it's hype.

Actually, I heard that IW didn't want to change the game to what Activision wanted (to what Activision thought would sell better), and IW refused to change it, so Activision fired them, and then made the changes they wanted.  What was the finished product?  MW2...  Activision sucks.

I also heard that there used to be a TON of recoil on most of the guns in MW2 in the alpha stages or something, and Activision wanted it changed.  They didn't want it to be too hard or something, and appeal to more people, therefore selling more copies.

Quote from: FirespraY on May 16, 2010, 04:45:15 PM
Actually, I heard that IW didn't want to change the game to what Activision wanted (to what Activision thought would sell better), and IW refused to change it, so Activision fired them, and then made the changes they wanted.  What was the finished product?  MW2...  Activision sucks.

yeah i didn't mean taht was the reason, just that activision should have fired them.