Wii/DS internet shutdown

Started by Dbiz, March 16, 2014, 05:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
My kid told me this this was going to happen and I did not believe him. 

[size=78%][/size]http://www.engadget.com/2014/02/26/nintendo-japan-wii-ds-multiplayer-3ds-video-shutdown/[size=78%][/size]

sad really.  I thoroughly enjoyed my multiplayer mario kart  :bye: [size=78%] [/size]

Well now I just hate Nintendo.

I own a Wii still (one of the GameCube compatible models), and every now and then I like to hook up the old console to Wifi and play some Mario Kart. Shame I won't have that freedom anymore. :(

I guess I better heed the warning and get those friend codes while I can. On the plus side, at least Netflix will still be running. :P

Quote from: Gold Man on March 16, 2014, 08:26:23 AM
Well now I just hate Nintendo.

I own a Wii still (one of the GameCube compatible models), and every now and then I like to hook up the old console to Wifi and play some Mario Kart. Shame I won't have that freedom anymore. :(

I guess I better heed the warning and get those friend codes while I can. On the plus side, at least Netflix will still be running. :P

Darn! I too enjoyed the days of Mario Kart online and SSBB online... It's a shame.
NINTENDO! THE INTERWEBS IS BECOMING LIFE! STAHP IT
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I hate it when consoles (and PC but there's away around that) games/services do this, if you buy something you should be able to use it forever.

This is one of the biggest reasons I don't like to get into multiplayer games and the reason I will never play games that are streamed, knowing that one day you will never be able to play it again...
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Oh well, I had a great time on Monster Hunter Tri during the glory years.

why let it stop? Wii U has monster hunter three ultimate  :D
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Buying a Wii U would involve having money... money which I intend to invest in whichever platform will support EA SWBF.

Thank God I pawned my Wii off to my sister
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: Unit 33 on March 16, 2014, 10:11:02 AM
Buying a Wii U would involve having money... money which I intend to invest in whichever platform will support EA SWBF.
Likely XBOX1, PS4, and PC as we've really been seeing with these kinda games.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I hope this doesn't effect (or affect, not sure atm) the downloads on eShop.  :(

Good thing both the systems where crap! :D (Well the DS was only a little sub par)

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Carbon27 on March 16, 2014, 10:36:41 AM
I hope this doesn't effect (or affect, not sure atm) the downloads on eShop.  :(

Good thing both the systems where crap! :D (Well the DS was only a little sub par)
Actually they were the best selling system of last generation. Obviously you've never played smash brothers brawl, xeno blade chronicles, legend of zelda twilight princess, pokemon, tatsunoku vs capcom, super mario galaxy, sonic colors, no more hereos, monster hunter tri,   ect. Not to metnion before the 3ds, the ds was the best selling handheld system ever breaking industry records. If that qualifys as crap, I guess standerds really have changed nowadays...

Also thats a shame EA's arragonce towards the wii u is so. Lucas Arts was planning to release several games for that system before it was closed down including a spritual sucessor to x wing.

Quote from: 411Remnant on March 16, 2014, 11:47:20 AM
Actually they were the best selling system of last generation. Obviously you've never played smash brothers brawl, xeno blade chronicles, legend of zelda twilight princess, pokemon, tatsunoku vs capcom, super mario galaxy, sonic colors, no more hereos, monster hunter tri,   ect. Not to metnion before the 3ds, the ds was the best selling handheld system ever breaking industry records. If that qualifys as crap, I guess standerds really have changed nowadays...

Also thats a shame EA's arragonce towards the wii u is so. Lucas Arts was planning to release several games for that system before it was closed down including a spritual sucessor to x wing.

I have played most of those games, didn't like many. Also, things can sell yer be crap. Look at all the EA titles... especially Rivals. (You know EA has gone to new lows when the game doesn't even work)

Also EA is smart not to bring games to the Wii U. Not saying it is a fail, but EA games that I am thinking of at the moment never sold well. (Some where actually good)

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Man :( , thats the kind have, Now I i can't play Smash Bros Brawl with anyone online like I wanted to with the Wii :(

Actually EA was going to make games for the wii u, they did release mass effect 3,need for speed and some other game for it. They wanted to push thier origin service and when Nintendo said no, they completly lost thier shizz nit and retaliated.

I never really had much experience with multiplayer games (over the internet at least) on my Wii.
It's an old GC compatible thing. I'm not too hot on other non-PC platforms anyways, so I'm not too disappointed.

The only two games I really enjoyed on the thing was "Monster Truck 4x4" something or another, and the original Lego Starwars Saga thing.

Unfortunately both disks are scratched beyond repair.. I've since moved on :P