Sirens

Started by Dbiz, November 03, 2013, 05:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
That would be the same day of the tornado siren testing where I live  :tu:

Quote from: Dbiz on November 03, 2013, 05:42:56 AM
That would be the same day of the tornado siren testing where I live  :tu:
Isn't it the same for everywhere in the US?

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on November 03, 2013, 06:55:44 AM
Isn't it the same for everywhere in the US?

No.  My siren test is first Wednesday of the month--I believe it is a municipal schedule.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

sounds pretty cool.
Derp.

Say, I get a day off on the 29th, and since it will technically count as a break, then I might get a chance to play that day! I'l suck really bad, but at least I'l be playing with a bunch of fellow community members! :D

well I know how you guys feel, my town is filed with nuclear meltdown sirens that go off bout every month or so, thanks to the lovely Sharron- Harris Nuclear Plant 25min down a country-road from my house... you know whos gettin disintegrated first, THIS GUY !!!!... well then :panic:

"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

November 06, 2013, 05:36:43 AM #6 Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 05:38:25 AM by Buckler
Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on November 06, 2013, 04:35:14 AM
well I know how you guys feel, my town is filed with nuclear meltdown sirens that go off bout every month or so, thanks to the lovely Sharron- Harris Nuclear Plant 25min down a country-road from my house... you know whos gettin disintegrated first, THIS GUY !!!!... well then :panic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shearon_Harris_Nuclear_Power_Plant

QuoteThe Nuclear Regulatory Commission defines two emergency planning zones around nuclear power plants: a plume exposure pathway zone with a radius of 10 miles (16 km), concerned primarily with exposure to, and inhalation of, airborne radioactive contamination, and an ingestion pathway zone of about 50 miles (80 km), concerned primarily with ingestion of food and liquid contaminated by radioactivity.[4]

The 2010 U.S. population within 10 miles (16 km) of Shearon Harris was 96,401, an increase of 62.6 percent in a decade, according to an analysis of U.S. Census data for msnbc.com. The 2010 U.S. population within 50 miles (80 km) was 2,562,573, an increase of 26.0 percent since 2000. Cities within 50 miles include Raleigh (21 miles to city center), Durham (24 miles to city center), Fayetteville (39 miles to city center).[5]

The steam coming out of the Venturi tube cooling tower is nothing to be worried about. 

The action happens under that dome-shaped building on the right.

nuclear power plant sounds like an awesome zombie map

November 06, 2013, 03:43:38 PM #10 Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 04:11:00 PM by {TCE}Call-of-Duty
well I know how power plants work, and if RALEIGH is only 26mi from it then im ALOT closer than I thought...  :panic: :panic: :help:

EDIT: yea Rage that does sound like a nice map maybe if there is a meltdown they can find my body posed... well have you ever seen the end of Star Wars Robot Chicken 3 where Palpatine is floating through space then it shows him while the Death Star explodes behind him.... thats how im gonna be posed while a power plant explodes behind me
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."