SWBF1 English Game Manual.pdf

Started by Phobos, July 16, 2012, 07:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I actually still have mine! But then again I got my first copy a year ago... :P
I just got the prima guide in the mail!!!!! I paid a Whopping total of 1 cent plus $3.99 shipping, it is worth it!!!

Yes the prima guide is great but has some very inaccurate parts. I am starting an unofficial remake guide soon.

Yes they take out/add vehicles on maps and other things like x wings on plains and droids being able to repairs other droids with the fusion cutter!? Plus the time bomb timer is 10 seconds, they even have pics of it!?
This has nothing to do with this but what is spawn invincibility? In the thing that said what the 1.2 update includes is says something about that yet I don't have that, even when I play on the dc's! Was that pc exclusive?
I have the 1.2 update...

Spawn invincibility is the timer for how many seconds you stay alive after spawning. It's useful for stopping spawn miner noobs. It can be added to the batch like /spawn 3 for 3 seconds. If you go over ten then your team turns yellow like native and the game gets bugged.

spawn invincibility can work for DCs too.  Its a command line option.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

But it's not a default single player thing, right?

Even in the game manual you can see stuff that was cut out of the game, which is quite odd considering you'd think the manual would use images from the final version.

Here's a list of stuff I noticed:

.Contents/Warning page has the cut Imperial Officer.
.2&3 Feature the Naboo Speeder in place of the IFTX on Naboo Plains... or possibly the cut Naboo level /  Yavin 4?
.11 Different map screen which has labelled CPs
.13 Different Vanguard skin, appears to be more like the Tantive Trooper. He is holding a rifle suggesting that it's a replacement for the Soldier.
.25 A Clone Trooper is using the binoculars which are not used in game. The animation he is showing (holding the binoculars) has been cut.

They also say the MTT is a vehicle in the game!

I've noticed that looking through original hex that things like MTT, Hovernaut, binoculars, and other stuff like that was cut. I always wondered why?  People wouldn't have had to rebuild them then. Probably time constraints
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on July 19, 2012, 11:58:49 AM
I've noticed that looking through original hex that things like MTT, Hovernaut, binoculars, and other stuff like that was cut. I always wondered why?  People wouldn't have had to rebuild them then. Probably time constraints
There seems to have been a last-minute stylistic change before SWBF was released. You can see a lot of the older version of the game from the early trailers.. the HUD was way different... chargeable grenades etc.