The "I Have An Idea!" thread

Started by Snake, March 07, 2012, 11:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have an idea, bu I need to know if it is possible

Question A: Is it possible to edit Galactic Conquests in SWBF1?

Question B: If so, is it possible to change it so it has the appearance of the SWBF2 Campaign (same layout) but functions the same?

Question C: Is it possible to override the first stock map you play on each map with a space battle for the planet?

The only way is to hex them out or to create an entirely new map without them. You could play as Mace Windu with zillions of health and addhealth but it would still kill you past the boundary.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

A. Not sure for BF1 but can be done on BF2

B. Yes, but can be only played in Instant Action either under Hunt or Campaign (whether on not you want v1.1 guys to play it without upgrading), Mav was somehow able to pull off a full campaign in a custom galactic conquest

C. Yes
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

TDS - Battlefront Mods!

Format some mod maps (and maybe edit some stock maps) to work with the camera better (make great use of lighting via vertex and point lights), and edit models to not have an overhang so the camera doesn't suck back down to regular level when your unit goes under tunnels and stuff.

Perfect camera angles in ODF files (what I've done in this imagine bellow):

Haha that would be pretty hard..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I'm having dead ops flashbacks, quick get the raygun... How did you do that?
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Has anyone ever tried fixing this baby up?

It'd probably be an easy cool thing to add to our pool of assets. It's called rep_hover_combatspeeder in the alliance side folder.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I just tried to use that model in game by just replacing the alliance combat speeder model in the ODF, and it crashed. Although, I'm not sure if the model was the cause.

I think it is. It has some serious problems with it.. I mean it even has a smaller version of the model inside of it.  :blink:
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

There is another version of that somewhere in the assets, I think it works..

Even if there isn't, I know I've seen a patched one that works great, twas a long time ago though..

April 19, 2014, 01:26:58 PM #130 Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 10:58:28 AM by ETW_Modder
Yes, I believe it was used in the Naboo Invasion Missions mod. I have it, but I don't know where the creator got it. Also, has anyone yet made use of the AT-PT in the Alliance side folder?

I have an idea for heroes in SWBF1. We all know that Napseeker once made a hero spawner unit thingy, where you spawned as a unit that was essentially air and had hero spawners as weapons. You would select one and become that hero. So, it is possible to make a spawner like that. My idea is that a each unit would have one as a fifth weapon, yet they would spawn in with no ammo for it. Now, we also know that there are lines in a unit ODF that controls when an ammo or bacta crate/jar is dropped. If it is possible to add a third type of ammo crate specifically for this weapon, then, you could make its frequency from a unit's death 0.10, or one for every ten enemy deaths. This would mean that for every ten kills you made, you would get 1 ammo for the hero spawner. and then you could play as the hero! I know this probably isn't entirely feasible, but, if it is, I think it would be awesome. This is just an idea I had after a dream  :P

That would be an interesting idea.  The hero spawner is somewhere in my assets.  But I do not believe you can specify ammo to one weapon.  Now I did get an interesting bug one time where I had -1 (that's right, negative 1) ammo.  I could only use the weapon once and it wouldn't reload.  I think I did keep that level file somewhere, just because I was appalled at -1 ammo actually firing to 0, instead of a basic subtract 1 counter, which meant it would have kept going down to negative infinity.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Figured I'd drop another idea here and see what you guys think:

What if we made a battle suit reminiscent of Edge of Tomorrow? (Or more accurately, "the-film-where-tom-cruise-dies-200-times".)

For those who don't know what I'm talking about:

I'm not sure how the animations would pan out for this, but regardless, it'd be an awesome one-man-tank class if it were made.

BUMP

I got a new idea, what if.....we made.....

A DORITOS MOD FOR SWBF!

I know the referenced GIFs are from Counter-Strike: Source, but think of it! It would be a hilarious skin mod for the game! (And might be easier to hit targets :P).

What do yas think? :D