No more Tunngle nor Gameranger!

Started by Anyder, May 26, 2014, 07:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 28, 2014, 02:06:45 PM #60 Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 02:16:03 PM by {TcF}=Rick={G}(305th-Infantry)
Did we manage to find a fix for the Insert CD1?

Never mind! Got help from Engel and HGHG!

Works great for me, hope every one can get open spy.

My Direct Connection server is showing up in the Internet List--which is interesting.  However, I can not connect to it by DC.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Hi!!, I have a big question, when I download the. rar, I unzip, I open the folder, enter a client, and I copy the german exe, stick it in gamedata, but at the start, after a while the screen turns black, me out, and said that was an error

Quote from: alanfer on May 28, 2014, 05:56:47 PM
Hi!!, I have a big question, when I download the. rar, I unzip, I open the folder, enter a client, and I copy the german exe, stick it in gamedata, but at the start, after a while the screen turns black, me out, and said that was an error

make sure you have the Client file and not the Server file
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Works great so far, thank you everyone who worked on it  :cheer:

Quote from: {TcF}Dr.Penguin on May 28, 2014, 02:15:47 PM
Works great for me, hope every one can get open spy.
Umm, its GameShare / Gamemaster xd

Quote from: Led on May 28, 2014, 03:58:06 PM
My Direct Connection server is showing up in the Internet List--which is interesting.  However, I can not connect to it by DC.
Ill contact Kalle, about it when i see him...
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

modified the hosts file, and i cant connect or find any servers.

(i have tried to just leave the host file with all the original content plus the new lines, and have also wiping those lines and having it just be the ones posted here.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

May 29, 2014, 09:37:20 AM #68 Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 10:30:37 AM by Whisper
I am having some troublesome lag issues every time i try to use Gamemaster. I know I just got my internet upgraded so it shouldn't be that... hmmm im lost.
The server I'm lagging on is the SWBFGamers 1.0 server.
I'm going to try to reconnect my internet. I'll let you know if it works...
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: CommanderAwesome on May 29, 2014, 03:01:44 PM
I still need help.

If your still having No-CD issue, then download this:
  http://uef-clan.com/FTP/Anyder/Anyder/Battlefront_autorun_fix_by_anyder.exe

The link was posted before by engel, but its a few pages back. If you have another problem then I will leave that for someone more knowledgeable.

I'll help u if u still need help
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

May 30, 2014, 11:07:11 AM #72 Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 11:09:00 AM by CommanderAwesome
Quote from: {Alpha}.Gen.Kiwi on May 29, 2014, 11:09:28 PM
If your still having No-CD issue, then download this:
  http://uef-clan.com/FTP/Anyder/Anyder/Battlefront_autorun_fix_by_anyder.exe

The link was posted before by engel, but its a few pages back. If you have another problem then I will leave that for someone more knowledgeable.
That's not my problem at all...
Quote from: CommanderAwesome on May 28, 2014, 11:35:58 AM
I have both [the exe's and the modified host file], the games are showing up but I keep getting "your CD key is not authorized".
Quote from: CommanderAwesome on May 28, 2014, 12:45:10 PM
SWBF2: Fan Favorites I.

SWBF1: Best of PC

Also, I tried to join a game on SWBF1, but when the map finished loading, it said "Connection to host lost".

May 30, 2014, 10:19:31 PM #73 Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 10:55:36 PM by Mike
Quote from: Anyder on May 26, 2014, 07:50:19 AMThere were three choices: Tunngle, Gameranger and Gamemaster, a Gamespy-alternate masterserver created and hosted by Game-Share. The answer is: Gamemaster.

Thank you for the detailed information on Gamemaster. It sounds like a great workaround that just pretends to be GameSpy once the modifications are in place, and it connects you to a different server list. If this is the case, I need one more piece of information, what would be the DNS address to connect to for Gamemaster? I ask because I am from the PS2 community, and none of the other work-around options like Tunngle or Gameranger would work for us as they are separate applications with downloads required. While we can't do that, we do have the ability to change our DNS address to connect to a different list. This method was used to play SWBF1 on OpenSpy. This seems like a similar method to that. What would be the DNS address to connect to if I wanted to test something like this out?

EIDT: I think I figured it out. It looks like its 5.230.233.61

SWBF 1 Worked for a few hours only!  Now stuck at 0%.  I am so desperate to play again!  Thanks in advance for help!

I am running Win 7.  I have the original game disk installed.  USA Xfinity ISP supposed to be wide open, and my router is NAT-ing with no restrictions. I am a network engineer by trade.

I re-installed tunngel then saw that was old news.  I installed gamemaster launcher though I can't really tell that it does anything.  I got the new exe, put it in the wrong place and got the bink error.  Added Bink dll, program error-ed out.  Restarted PC. My baby girl kept crying and interrupting me.  Turned off Comodo firewall, no better.  Finally got the fix by Anyder, put it in the Gamedata folder, and it worked!  My son and I played for a few hours, I was so happy!!! 

I came back an hour later and get stuck at the 0% with the Anyder file.  Turned off Comodo firewall, nothing.  Still stuck at 0%.  Restarted, turned off firewall, nothing. Stuck at 0%.  Now I really don't know what to do. Any advice?