Discovery?

Started by Snake, September 13, 2013, 04:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I was placing water on a map and I accidentally right clicked. Well, all the water under that area disappeared!! I didn't even know that was possible!! I thought it was way more complicated to remove water. I've never heard anyone mention this, but I remember asking about it one time and getting really complicated answers. Anyway, if someone knew this already, you're just selfish for not telling me!  :dry: But it's a cool discovery for me.  :P
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

September 13, 2013, 05:36:00 PM #1 Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 05:38:55 PM by -RepublicCommando-
How did you think you get rid of it? :P
The concept is the same for lots of things; Left click is apply, Right click is do opposing.
Glad to know you don't have to release flooded maps now, though :P
- Sort of off topic, but I once had some sort of error where everything doubled (except objects and sky box and effects..) on load, and I had 2 terrains, and 2 sets of water. Wasn't able to do much to manipulate it though..

September 13, 2013, 08:40:27 PM #2 Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 08:50:55 PM by Phobos
I remember reading about this in one of fred's tutorials or on his forum.

Cool to know, Snake.
I've always been too afraid to right click in ZeroEdit. 
(thought it would make wampas eat my map or something)

Quote from: tirpider on September 13, 2013, 09:24:56 PM
Cool to know, Snake.
I've always been too afraid to right click in ZeroEdit. 
(thought it would make wampas eat my map or something)

Exactly! I never even thought of it because ZE is so picky.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

same for me.I am even afraid to click DELETE button for some objects because when i delete them something else is deleted too.   :slap:

Quote from: Ginev on September 14, 2013, 12:07:30 AM
same for me.I am even afraid to click DELETE button for some objects because when i delete them something else is deleted too.   :slap:
that is annoying bug a trick i found is to select objects you want to delete using Multi Select and then delete them it won't delete other things as often this way

The right mouse button, in ZE, mostly have a negative function, so if left button place water, grass, textures, colors "tills", right button remove them. It works the same with terrain. If left button rise it, right make it low.
Quote from: Ginev on September 14, 2013, 12:07:30 AM
This happens, when before delete objects, you use some other ZE function, like regions, barriers etc. It's cause "Double Delete" bug. So, if you, just after open ZE, and use only objects function, you may safely delete any objects.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

September 14, 2013, 01:05:35 AM #8 Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 01:08:26 AM by UNIT 33
That's nothing.

When I click the right mouse it opens a resonance cascade through time and space, and hoards of inter-dimensional beings slip through the rift, leaving it up to me and my crowbar to single handedly fight them off.

Quote from: UNIT 33 on September 14, 2013, 01:05:35 AM
That's nothing.

When I click the right mouse it opens a resonance cascade through time and space, and hoards of inter-dimensional beings slip through the rift, leaving it up to me and my crowbar to single handedly fight them off.

I hate when that happens..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: UNIT 33 on September 14, 2013, 01:05:35 AM
That's nothing.

You need to download the resonance cascade patch.

See this post for details:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=7069.msg75900#msg75900
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

So you really didn't know that a right click undoes what a left click did... something tells me you may want this modding tutorial I picked up from File Front by Fierfek...

[spoiler]http://www.gamefront.com/files/files/14869671/fierfeks_star_wars_battlefront_ii_modding_tutorial_3.5.doc[/spoiler]
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: Buckler on September 14, 2013, 08:37:19 AM
You need to download the resonance cascade patch.

See this post for details:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=7069.msg75900#msg75900
Lol. Thought you were serious.. Dang it! That would be an awesome sounding modification..