Chaingun Anims

Started by Snake, March 08, 2013, 09:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Someone desperately needs to create (or edit the current anims) a gunner anim because the rifle animation is just so lame for a chaingun..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on March 09, 2013, 10:18:26 PM
Someone desperately needs to create (or edit the current anims) a gunner anim because the rifle animation is just so lame for a chaingun..
You could try this its what i use for greivous on phobos. While not perfect it looks better than rifle...
[WeaponClass]
ClassLabel = "cannon"

[Properties]
AnimationBank = "bazooka"
GeometryName            = "rep_inf_underhand_chaingun2"

OrdnanceName        = "imp_weap_inf_chaingun_ord"

June 09, 2013, 02:02:03 AM #17 Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 04:10:09 AM by Sereja
Fortunately, chaingun unmunged animation, was just released on Gametoast, by Master Luke.
http://gametoast.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=29218&sid=ed86c3f834b2fb636e25d19fd2443911
If somebody, wish to try convert it, for SWBF1, that the chance! ;)

-Edit

Well, here is my result: [spoiler][/spoiler]

Perhaps, because I do not know correct names for msh animations, wich may be recognized by EXE, my munged anim works, only when character runing :confused:.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

That looks awesome! I hope someone will fix it..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Sereja, don't you already have the underhand chain gun for your ARC/Heavy trooper in your mods? What is different about this animation? I ask only because the underhand chain gun you have in your mods seems to work very well.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 09, 2013, 06:27:41 AM
Sereja, don't you already have the underhand chain gun for your ARC/Heavy trooper in your mods? What is different about this animation? I ask only because the underhand chain gun you have in your mods seems to work very well.

The difference is his hand placement. In the regular underhand chainguns, it always looks like the trooper is still carrying a rifle, which is why the grip is sideways, and when you fire (I've looked via freecam), the shots appear to be firing from where the rifle would be. Hopefully though this anim not only switches the hand placement on the gun, but also where the shots are being fired from.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on June 09, 2013, 07:29:32 AM
The difference is his hand placement. In the regular underhand chainguns, it always looks like the trooper is still carrying a rifle, which is why the grip is sideways, and when you fire (I've looked via freecam), the shots appear to be firing from where the rifle would be. Hopefully though this anim not only switches the hand placement on the gun, but also where the shots are being fired from.

Actually, for some reason all shots fired from all guns seem to be fired above the gun. I have no idea why, but nothing is wrong with the hp_fire node, I think.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder