Chaingun Anims

Started by Snake, March 08, 2013, 09:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I just dled Caleb117's chaingun and it came with anims which are hopefully way better than normal rifle anims. Well I replaced the animation name (all_inf_snowtrooper or something like that) with the gunner anims that I put in the munged folder, like the readme said. Well for some stupid reason nothing changed.. You'd think changing the animation would either cause a crash or would work properly, but it just acts like nothing was changed.. How do I get it to work?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I think, those anims, for SWBF2 only. Still, some very experienced modders, may know, how to add some new human animation for SWBF1...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Well its not .combos so it should work perfectly fine. Maybe it's the same problem as the SWBF2 Marksperson.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Bamdur somehow got Ayla Secura animations into SWBF, but I'm not sure how.  He has some posts on GT and maybe we can find something here.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

In theory, you need to add new human weapon animation, like "pistol", "rifle", "granade" etc. So, everything stored in human animation bank, and probably can be edited with some "tool", like "Interface Tool", by creating new common.lvl.
It works for AT-RT and BARC speeder driver animation, but for weapon anim, it's cud be much more complicated, since, you have to create new human basic pose...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Well I have no idea how to do any of it.. I tried putting the gunner anim reference in the req file for the unit I wanted but still no change..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I remember Andy's msh suite (not ZETools) has an animation munger with the option to munge for BF1 or BF2.

I am wondering what the difference is and if it can be compensated for by a hex-edit.

I can solve this one for you lot. Basically the animation banks in SWBF are hard coded we can't add new ones like in SWBFII. And then when it doesn't crash is because when SWBF can't find animations for something it falls back to rifle. Also why nothing changes, because it is falling back on the rifle bank.

Anyway without the source files you won't be getting these work in SWBF.

Then how did the SWBF2 Rebel Marksman work? I remember it using custom anims/skeleton and worked fine after some work
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: SleepKiller on March 08, 2013, 02:28:57 PM
I can solve this one for you lot. Basically the animation banks in SWBF are hard coded we can't add new ones like in SWBFII. And then when it doesn't crash is because when SWBF can't find animations for something it falls back to rifle. Also why nothing changes, because it is falling back on the rifle bank.

Anyway without the source files you won't be getting these work in SWBF.

I remember there was some discussion about the tat3 addon animations for the gammoreans.  What was that all about?
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I have played many mods/maps where soldiers can throw their grenade underhand style, like how you lay a mine in SWBFII.  :confused:

The marksman works because your are changing the basepose(skeleton) of the unit. With this your trying to add a entirely new animation bank "gunner". This is simply impossible in SWBF1 you can only use a pre-exsisting animation bank name.

For you to get this working you would need the non-munged source files so you could change the animation bank from being "gunner" to "gam". Why "gam" because it is one of the few animation banks that is not loaded up by the game at start up because it was added in in 1.2 for Jabba's Palace. Thus you can use it in addon maps at your will. You regrettably can only get one additional animation bank this way, but it is better than none.

Also I haven't forgotten the .sky file I hope to get it to you today :)

I assume you need alot of xsi knowledge for creating new animations, yes?
It would be very useful to have a tool just for animation like you can for gml

Jdee has some 'new' animations in his large Battlefront 1.5 modification, how did he go about doing that?