[HELP] Modern Sounds?

Started by Snake, November 17, 2012, 01:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Does anyone know of modern gun sounds that have been made for swbf?

If not, what are the best stock sounds to use?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

The SWBFII chaingun sound is good. I don't know if you can use that though...

Its not that hard really, just get them in swbfII assets. They haven't been modified to fit SWBFII in a different way.
There's a saying for that actually "Some things never change." :P

But yeah, I wish I knew how to make modern gun sounds, I don't get anything the sound.lvl builders do.

If you have the map Earth: Urban Assault (I think that's the name), it's a SWBFII mod map. You can probably find the map off filefront, but yeah, that map actually does have realistic gun sounds (to some extent). You could try that mod map, if that's what your looking for.

Quote from: Snake on November 17, 2012, 01:28:45 PM
Does anyone know of modern gun sounds that have been made for swbf?

If not, what are the best stock sounds to use?
I can get sounds from anything to work in swbf1. Any gun sound you want, there any many good sources for sound such as movies and youtube. It might take a bit of research to find the exact weapon model sound effects you are looking for but if you can provide me with some audio samples I should be able to help you with converting them to swbf1 audio.

November 18, 2012, 06:20:28 AM #5 Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 06:28:16 AM by Snake
Alright, sweet! I think one general sound should do it for the basic guns. I'm thinking the kind of half-suppressed "tick" sound most modern guns make.

This m16 sounds pretty good

Also a sniper sound
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

November 18, 2012, 06:45:45 AM #6 Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 06:48:06 AM by UNIT 33
You can get a large variety of sound effects for gaming on GameBanana, for example here are TimeSpliiters sounds that were repurposed for usage in TF2, they're pretty "Modern" http://www.mediafire.com/?715y5rra31ijckk

Credits go to orangeharrison