[HELP] SWBF2 Anims in SWBF1

Started by Snake, May 02, 2012, 06:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I remember seeing Jango get Aayla Securas animation into swbf1 but he is long gone so I can't ask him how.. I think maybe it has to do with the way the marksperson has to be configured but I am not sure. Any ideas, comments? I will be testing some stuff.

(Or maybe he got a combo in swbf1..)
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I think this was Bamdur.  He had a GT post on the topic, and some vids on xfire.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

In order to change the SWBFII Animations to SWBFI Animations you'll have to munge new Animation sets and put them in a new common.lvl. Not very practical for mod maps sadly.

Don't the gamoreans have their own animation bank though?  And this was done via addon map?

Quote from: Buckler on May 02, 2012, 07:29:10 PM
Don't the gamoreans have their own animation bank though?  And this was done via addon map?
Yes they do, I have used this trick many a time. (If not one of my favourite tricks to do :) ) The trouble is you can only do one animation set per map, which one do you choose to have?

Well, something I've wanted to know, it why certain things go in Common.  I mean, I understand that they are common amongst eras and sides, but could these things not also go in the side file instead?  Like rep.lvl ?

Ultimately I would say it comes down to the fact the game was shipped on CDs they would have needed to save space wherever possible.

Well, can you munge the animations into a side file then, and not common?  Would that be more practical?

Thing is the EXE seems to call on specific animation banks unlike SWBF2. So the first Animation of that bank i.e. pistol to be loaded will be the one used for all weapons that call upon pistol.

This is far beyond my comprehension of anims.  ;) Are you sure there's no way to set it up in a similar way to how the marksperson was fixed? It seems like it should be possible. I'm talking about things in the munged folder. It just seems like its one trick away from being usable in swbf1. Cause it doesn't crash, it just doesn't change. But it was the same way with the marksperson skeleton which is a zafbin thing. Hmm.. It gives me the same feeling as when something is on the tip of your tongue but you just can't make it come out. Lol.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder