(WIP) Snakes' Mania Mod (Alliance Side)

Started by Snake, November 28, 2011, 10:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 28, 2011, 10:40:14 AM Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 10:46:08 AM by SnΛke
Well, since I can't make maps I have resumed my Mania Mod and will be doing all sides (Including locals) and will release them one at a time. So far the Alliance side is about 65% complete and will be completed shortly.

Description of Mania Mod:

The Mania Mod takes a lot of random assets and totally mixes things up. You might have a launcher that shoots dead clones or a grenade that shoots flares when it explodes. It's totally random stuff, random effects, random ships, etc. It is solely for fun and entertainment. I may be creating an online compatible version after I complete the current one. :)

*Please post suggestions for crazy (but please not impossible) things to do!*
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I demand a long range Arc-caster-sniper-type-thing!
:P
It could also be explosive too.

November 28, 2011, 12:39:49 PM #2 Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 12:58:34 PM by SnΛke
Interesting...I think i can do that, I will try! :D thanks

---EDIT

I tried it and it was pretty much unnoticeable. The sniper shoots too fast to have an effect trail :( I can do it with something slower like the missile launcher or rifle or something.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: SnΛke on November 28, 2011, 12:39:49 PM
Interesting...I think i can do that, I will try! :D thanks

---EDIT

I tried it and it was pretty much unnoticeable. The sniper shoots too fast to have an effect trail :( I can do it with something slower like the missile launcher or rifle or something.
Adjust the fade time of the effect. I've done it before.

If you can i've always thought a super fast/small unit would be good. Like an ewok with a really short range weapon that zooms around the screen killing anyting it touches... Maybe thats just me though ;)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

November 28, 2011, 02:35:20 PM #5 Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 02:37:46 PM by Phobos Developer
I love randomness and random themed mods. Best of luck with your project. If you need any random ideas I will try to provide some.

Your theme is around mania so adding a lot of surprise/sneaky type factors in the environment or with weapons would help I think. You could try playing around with the log trap on endor.

Adjust the fade time of the effect. I've done it before.

In the .fx file or the sniper ordinance?

QuoteIf you can i've always thought a super fast/small unit would be good. Like an ewok with a really short range weapon that zooms around the screen killing anyting it touches... Maybe thats just me though

Can do!

QuoteI love randomness and random themed mods. Best of luck with your project. If you need any random ideas I will try to provide some.

Your theme is around mania so adding a lot of surprise/sneaky type factors in the environment or with weapons would help I think. You could try playing around with the log trap on endor.

Alright, thanks! Things are coming along pretty well so far.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Here are a couple pics of some of the weird randomness in this mod:

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/119715361-3.jpg
This is a ywing dropping explosive AT-AT's as bombs. (The ATAT's are messed up, I may try using the low1 geometry but hey it is a mania mod right? :shrug: )

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/119715181-3.jpg
This is a vanguard shooting xwings with an emp trail effect. (Again the geometry is weird.)
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

November 29, 2011, 12:45:51 PM #8 Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 02:05:59 PM by Unit 33
That looks like the appropriate amount of intense random insanity!

Yeah if you can't fit out the Arc caster effect to a sniper I guess a rocket will do :P

Would a mine launcher be possible? Essentially allows the player to place mines at distance.
Mines could also have the command post model I guess.

Other random ideas;

.Vehicle dispensers
.Tie kamikaze instead of orbital strike (someone's done this before somewhere....)
.Super powered grenade launcher that fires a spread of grenades
.Grenades that have little damage but throw units a great distance
.Something between the beam-cannon and the shot gun (spread of deadly lasers)
.Arc Caster shot-gun (spread of several electrical bolts)
.Some rocket that causes massive flash when detonated
.Random props as melee weapons
.Recoilless pistol with a lot of ammo for supreme pistol-whipping

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2011, 12:45:51 PM
That looks like the appropriate amount of intense random insanity!

Yeah if you can't fit out the Arc caster effect to a sniper I guess a rocket will do :P

Would a mine launcher be possible? Essentially allows the player to place mines at distance.
Mines could also have the command post model I guess.

Other random ideas;

.Vehicle dispensers
.Tie kamikaze instead of orbital strike (someone's done this before somewhere....)
.Super powered grenade launcher that fires a spread of grenades
.Grenades that have little damage but throw units a great distance
.Something between the beam-cannon and the shot gun (spread of deadly lasers)
.Arc Caster shot-gun (spread of several electrical bolts)
.Some rocket that causes massive flash when detonated
.Random props as melee weapons
.Recoilless pistol with a lot of ammo for supreme pistol-whipping

Awesome ideas! Thanks, I'll be adding lots of these.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Update:

I have almost finished the weapons. I have to fix a few major things though.

Have to figure out vehicle dispenser.
Have to fix a few effects.
Have to fix orbital strike.

Then I can start editing the units and ships, so I should be finishing soon! Will add pics to this post later.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder