How to learn about modding?

Started by Zuka, December 22, 2009, 08:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 22, 2009, 08:17:19 PM Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 11:15:26 PM by Hardcore
Hey, I'm Zuka. I love the mods for the game and I want to know how to make them. Care to explain? Maybe a easy way,if there is one?

If I can start to make maps, I'm thinking of making a Elite Squad series. Like the Theta Squad mod(Love the mod btw), but not so much elite. I may have vehicles, and they will be clones. Maybe for the first one they be defending their base? Then they go out on other missions. The clones will have color, capes, new weps, etc. but they might not be so cool since I will just be starting out.

But first for a test mod, I might do a Training grounds. Just to practice shooting and have a little fun. This might go good with roleplayers, if there are any here, to have a base at. The other side would just run around on their side of the map.

Please respond!
"I don't like this place. It gives me the creeps."
"Locate, confirm she's alive, have one team ready to distract while the other extracts, and then we exfil."
Rex: "Commander Bly, we've got company."
Bly: "Friendlies?"
Rex: "Negative, sir. A droid ship. Coming straight our way."

I would like more detail. Maybe a tutorial? I have a lot of great ideas. I just need to know how to make them, without any trouble.
"Locate, confirm she's alive, have one team ready to distract while the other extracts, and then we exfil."

December 22, 2009, 09:53:36 PM #3 Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 08:07:50 PM by Buckler
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?board=49.0 - many of the post in this forum will explain what your wanting to know, along with the tutorials that Skeltor linked.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Yes, check those out

Also, SWBFFiles has a great tutorial on starting off mapping, I'll link you if you need, but basically to start off, get the mod tools, download the updates and bust out the tutorials. PM me if you need some help, I'd be more than willing to help someone start out modding :D

(Also thanks for the compliment on Theta Squad, I made that :D)

Ok I might start next week or sometime, since I will have to practice. My practice one will be that Training one I mentioned. Plus, I think I'm getting a laptop for Christmas so no use in downloading that stuff right now. And Frosty I got some good ideas for new Theta Squad maps. And I will have to get everything in my head about what I have to do, duh. Lol. Also, I have a update on what I might put on the Training one.
*UPDATE*
1. I might put up a wall or something where the enemies can't enter the Training grounds, so you can train with ease.
2. I might add a native side(like the Gungans or something) or whatever they are called to fight the enemies, Droids and Rebels, so you can do something on the other side too.
3. I might put a course up. Train with you're speeder bikes, starfighters, etc. Or just to go all out and show your friends some cool stunts.  :happy:

I might start on this next week, as I said up there, I have to learn everything.  :moo:

[admin]Fixed title for you, Try to use descriptive topic titles so members can understand the use of the topic before reading it, in turn avoid things like "question" "help" and so on.[/admin]
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

I would definitely read the daylights of this Comprehensive SWBF Modding Guides Pack made by xshat.