Internet Server search always only '62 percent'

Started by boomjohnson, June 07, 2014, 03:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi,

Whenever i connect to the swbf server list using the modified .exe, when i click 'join' to see the list or 'refresh' to refresh it only says 62percent as the number most times. Sometimes it shows less than that, like 56 and so only shows me 4 servers. Now and again though it shows me the full list having connected at 99percent but this is very very rare.

Anyone have any idea of how I can fix this?

I usually have to hit cancel then try again and then it loads faster.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Yeah that used to work way back when, not anymore though

perhaps another program is acting while you are trying to play?
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Hmm maybe,

Ive tried disabling my firewall, reinstalling the game/resetting router, also joining the servers I cant see by Direct Connection IP doesnt work either which is weird

(i didnt have this problem with tunngle weirdly enough)

Quote from: boomjohnson on June 08, 2014, 06:48:04 AM
Hmm maybe,

Ive tried disabling my firewall, reinstalling the game/resetting router, also joining the servers I cant see by Direct Connection IP doesnt work either which is weird

(i didnt have this problem with tunngle weirdly enough)

DC servers only work(ed) when someone sets up a DC.  At the present time, it does not work with GameMaster anyway, i.e. you could never join an internet game by IP address alone.

Did GameMaster ever work for you, or not at all?

Tunngle uses LAN mode, which is a different host/client broadcast protocol.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Ah i see

and Yeah gamemaster works for me, but i never really see the full amount of servers on it., hence the 62percent

Try playing in the Options with the Online Settings perhaps? "Search All Regions"..."Hosting Bandwidth"..."Ticks Per Second"...

Maybe...
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: ᏌᏞᎢᎥᎷᎾ on June 08, 2014, 12:11:47 PM
Try playing in the Options with the Online Settings perhaps? "Search All Regions"..."Hosting Bandwidth"..."Ticks Per Second"...

Maybe...

yeah i had search all regions off for some reason, so i turned that on, now i can see the UEF servers ontop of about 4-5 that i was seeing before. The other settings didnt do anything - i think they are hosting settings really

Glad to see that worked out for you!
Are you still having problems about it generating random percents while trying to load? Cancelling when it stops, like Led said, should fix that.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper