[SOLVED] d3dx9_43.dll missing

Started by Shazam, September 20, 2014, 10:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I hate to be a downer, but the site I read earlier recommends that you do not download the file by itself- You should make sure it's a full install.

Just a reminder 'bout that
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Here's the Redistributable.  Not quite sure where the full one got to...
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

October 02, 2014, 04:00:54 PM #17 Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 04:12:45 PM by Shazam
I re-installed Battlefront and I still get the error.

It never promted me to update DirectX during installation, but when I click the "Analyze Your Computer" option in the BF launcher, there is an option to install DirectX 9.0c.  I tried it and I still get the error, however.

Quote from: Dark_Phantasmagorical on October 02, 2014, 11:40:15 AM
Here's the Redistributable.  Not quite sure where the full one got to...
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

I'm about to download the redistributable.  I'll let you know how it goes.

-edit:  Where should I place the extracted files? In the DirectX folder in my Battlefront directory?

That might be a good idea, Shazam.

It's been a few days since anyone responded, so sorry if you've already fixed it yourself.

Assuming nothing has worked so far, I'm going to lastly assume something is wrong with your directory
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

All of my libraries are in C:\Windows\System32 I've got 8 through 11 in there and everything works fine for me.

If it's asking you where to install, put it in a subfolder of downloads or something like that, and go inside it and run the setup, that should put the needed libraries in system32 or whatever Window 8 equivalent.

Then you can delete that stuff in downloads, since it's just a bunch of compressed installation files, and isn't needed since you have it all installed.

It's weird installing things to install...

I ran DXSETUP from the download and I no longer get the .dll error...but my game will not start.

My computer acts like it is about to start up Battlefront, and then nothing happens.

[sarcasm]I love Windows 8.[/sarcasm]

Quote from: Shazam on October 05, 2014, 01:16:31 PM
I ran DXSETUP from the download and I no longer get the .dll error...but my game will not start.

My computer acts like it is about to start up Battlefront, and then nothing happens.

[sarcasm]I love Windows 8.[/sarcasm]
You gotta run SWBF in compatibility mode, I believe. I had the same issue with SWBF1 on my Windows 8.1 laptop.

October 05, 2014, 06:24:11 PM #22 Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 06:26:42 PM by aeria.
Whatever you did to "factory restore" your computer definitely messed it up. Do a fresh install and give it another shot. The game should run fine in Windows 8.

#TYBG

Quote from: Gold Man on October 05, 2014, 06:21:14 PM
You gotta run SWBF in compatibility mode, I believe. I had the same issue with SWBF1 on my Windows 8.1 laptop.

I've tried running Battlefront in every compatibility option, so I don't think that is it.

Quote from: aeria. on October 05, 2014, 06:24:11 PM
What's your computer? I can run the game on Windows 8 fine.

Toshiba Satellite C55-A

Windows 8, 64-bit OS

Quote from: Shazam on October 05, 2014, 06:27:41 PM
Toshiba Satellite C55-A
I just now threw that into Google, and there are like 20 different models of the C55-A series. Some have a 1TB hard drive, others have a GT 740M coupled with an Intel processor, etc.

You might want to be a tad more specific. ;)

It's specific enough.

Whatever Toshiba uses to factory restore most likely messed up legacy games for you. I'd say install windows onto a flash drive and test out the game that fresh install. If it still doesn't work then you're out of luck.

#TYBG

The only DirectX  that I have used is the one that originally came from SWBF and I don't think it ever got updated, try using the original? but I have also heard that some games might not work on the original Windows 8, but lets face it in some ways I think the Windows 8 was a bad idea with some of the changes they made x-P, anyways I hope you are able to figure it out and fix it soon ShaZam!

Oh yea what about getting a program that runs Windows 7 on its own window so that you can run SWBF and other games on that??? or is that not possible yet?

Sorry for such a late reply.  I don't spend too much time on the computer anymore.

The original problem has been solved. 

Thank you all for the help.  :cheers:

Quote from: Shazam on November 12, 2014, 03:37:08 PM
Sorry for such a late reply.  I don't spend too much time on the computer anymore.

The original problem has been solved. 

Thank you all for the help.  :cheers:

No problem! I hope you get back to the game more, I'm sure all of us including me would love to see  ya 'round more often. :wave:
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: ևltimσ on November 12, 2014, 03:41:34 PM
No problem! I hope you get back to the game more, I'm sure all of us including me would love to see  ya 'round more often. :wave:

I wish I could play more but school is keeping me very busy right now.  I may hop back on during Christmas break.  ;)