Server list only loads 73%

Started by Midsagital, November 11, 2014, 05:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Kish on November 12, 2014, 03:43:53 PM
you misunderstand me, I was wondering if, by modifying she'll, you could skip the lan/internet/dc screen and the gamespy log in screen all together, and go from the starting menu with singleplayer/multiplayer and go directly to the loaded list of servers
its possible to go from the login screen directly to the server lobby by combining the shell LUA scripts but the only ones i have disabled atm are the gamespy screens

Quote from: ևltimσ on November 12, 2014, 03:51:15 PM
Oh, right I did misunderstand you. More than likely you should be able to remove those options, but I'd probably recommend leaving the LAN/DC/Internet switch. Never know when we might have to fall back onto Tunngle or GameRanger, even DC nights.
if we ever had to go back to lan i don't think id stick around but that's besides the point

Quote from: Kishy on November 12, 2014, 03:35:04 PM
not sure what you mean or which posts you were referring to

If all the items are not showing up in a list, it usually means that not enough memory was devoted to the items in the list.  The gamemaster people should check to see if the array needs to be dimensioned to be larger, i.e. maybe they thought there would only be 20 servers when in reality there should be 100 or something.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on November 12, 2014, 04:08:19 PM
If all the items are not showing up in a list, it usually means that not enough memory was devoted to the items in the list.  The gamemaster people should check to see if the array needs to be dimensioned to be larger, i.e. maybe they thought there would only be 20 servers when in reality there should be 100 or something.
i understand, but if it was on the gamemaster end wouldn't all players not load all the way? i  think im the only one experiencing this at the moment, I think the only servers I can't see are the FC ones,  and I think it's just due to me being banned on certain servers like the FC ones which are about 25% of the servers like phobos said

I don't know. 

But I have had servers of mine not showing up in the list for some reason.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on November 12, 2014, 04:42:53 PM
I don't know. 

But I have had servers of mine not showing up in the list for some reason.
well that's weird

Quote from: Kishy on November 12, 2014, 04:25:43 PM
i understand, but if it was on the gamemaster end wouldn't all players not load all the way? i  think im the only one experiencing this at the moment, I think the only servers I can't see are the FC ones,  and I think it's just due to me being banned on certain servers like the FC ones which are about 25% of the servers like phobos said
You are unbanned from the [FC] servers now, let me know if the 73% load bug is fixed.

Quote from: Phobos on November 13, 2014, 02:26:02 AM
You are unbanned from the [FC] servers now, let me know if the 73% load bug is fixed.
alright thank you i will post here later today when i get on to play

yes i can view all the servers now

Quote from: Kishy on November 12, 2014, 04:25:43 PM

Being banned from a server wouldn't cause that problem, trust me, I've been banned a few times, and yet I can still see the servers. So I don't think that was your problem, I get that loading screen now and then too, then it just fix's it self.

I'm glad its all fixed now though.