[WIP] Random Characters

Started by Nikoli, April 15, 2010, 09:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
 :o That is amazing looks awesome :tu:

May 04, 2010, 09:30:38 PM #76 Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 10:30:35 PM by Nikoli
A WIP Humvee. anyone know how to get suspension animations working? Or make it so you can't turn while sitting in one place?

Here's a vid. It's really cheesy but it's soo much fun to play with
http://www.xfire.com/video/29efcd/

hahaha way cool nikoli, cant wait to play it. When i get home ill go searching through some odf files  for the stuff u need
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Looks good!! Only thing is the skin needs to be worked on a tiny bit (looks a little flat).

so wait, we can drive those?!?! freakin awesome :P

if there is one thing i miss about swbf is the fact you can drive stuff. Infinity ward left that feature out

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

:o looks like Ive been away too long! This is EXACTLY the type of mod I've been waiting for. Great work, Nikoli!

I know you're planning on making maps themed specifically for these classes, but will they be usable as a "universal" side replacement as well?

You could take the sides out of the map folders and just put them into your swbf side folder

I know, lol, I do that all the time. What I mean is, will I be able to do that and have it work CORRECTLY? Apart from napseeker's work and maybe a couple others, sides made for one specific map ALWAYS have missing sounds and/or vehicles when used on other maps. 

Quote from: Soap Mactavish on May 06, 2010, 04:30:02 AM
so wait, we can drive those?!?! freakin awesome :P

if there is one thing i miss about swbf is the fact you can drive stuff. Infinity ward left that feature out

I believe you mean Pandemic? lol

Maybe you could put light shades of camo colors for different terrains (Like light and dark browns for desert, greens and browns for jungle etc.) Which map will this be used in? And I also though of a way where you wanted to make it so the passenger could shoot? Well add a null for a turret on the passenger side and then give it the ord and some of the odf of the machine guns. That would look generally good except they would not be holding their gun and  you could only use the certain gun thatyou want it to act like (So missile launchers and stuff wouldnt work) I can't wait to try this out in one of the maps!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: MusketSniper on May 06, 2010, 09:50:03 AM
I know, lol, I do that all the time. What I mean is, will I be able to do that and have it work CORRECTLY? Apart from napseeker's work and maybe a couple others, sides made for one specific map ALWAYS have missing sounds and/or vehicles when used on other maps.
This is basically going to be a total conversion so it should work on all the maps since that's the way I'm testing the sides. It just wont be localized properly

Cool, cool.  :tu: In that case, what sounds were you planning to use for the weapons? There arent many blaster sounds in the game that could pass as gunshots (at least without a lot of imagination.  :P )

So, it looks like you've moved away from the origional "random characters" concept and focused on a modern warfare-type mod instead. Do you think you could put up a simple list of what units and vehicles you plan on replacing? That way, it could be easier for us to give suggestions and opinions on what you have already, and ideas on what blank spots there are to fill.

every unit for the Republic and CIS is going to be replaced by something from real life. As for vehicles I'm only gona replace a couple since they are such a PIA to get working right.

There are actually maps that will be modern warfare-type. So far desert is done if i can get it to work right, if not we can use older versions. We will soon have the jungle map and maybe snow map. Then nik will hopefully have the stuff done for the urban map and we will have that also.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

k I'm pretty sure I'm done with the model on this one, and the texture is coming along nicely