Dealing with limescale

Started by M-J-T, September 03, 2016, 02:43:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 03, 2016, 02:43:03 AM Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 02:45:18 AM by M-J-T
Hello,

Server is being repeatedly crashed by false packets. The name of the want-to-be hacker is Ben Dover. Any way to remove him from the master server somehow? I believe he has crashed others' servers beforehand, such as Space 1.1.

Also, he uses fake admin to harass the server and its occupants ( if it has not crashed by then ).

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

--

Server Manager Version 1.12

(Unless you are using GameRanger and if you are using the dedicated server tools) You will need to IP ban the player from your server. You can ban by IP range as well.  Also, check with Anyder to make sure you are using the latest anti-hack server mod.  There have been recent posts about this.

As with Gameshare/Gamemaster, SWBFspy will not use the master server as a place to issue bans even if we could do it.

As as server admin, we all have to deal with server trolls.  Your best option is IP monitoring and prevention.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

September 03, 2016, 03:30:38 AM #2 Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 03:36:13 AM by M-J-T
Thanks.  :cheers:

How would I go about banning an IP range?

I have already banned multiple IPs and they just clear every time the server closes.

Edit: I am using SWBFSpy.

And I have the 1.5 improved file.

It crashes after chat spam through the admin.

--

Quote from: Led on September 03, 2016, 03:23:46 AM
(Unless you are using GameRanger and if you are using the dedicated server tools) You will need to IP ban the player from your server. You can ban by IP range as well.  Also, check with Anyder to make sure you are using the latest anti-hack server mod.  There have been recent posts about this.

As with Gameshare/Gamemaster, SWBFspy will not use the master server as a place to issue bans even if we could do it.

As as server admin, we all have to deal with server trolls.  Your best option is IP monitoring and prevention.

Well, in SWBF1, use a *

so 192.168.1.* will ban all users on that subnet.

I would assume it works the same way for SWBF2, but Anyder can tell you for sure.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on September 03, 2016, 03:41:08 AM
Well, in SWBF1, use a *

so 192.168.1.* will ban all users on that subnet.

I would assume it works the same way for SWBF2, but Anyder can tell you for sure.
That's right, it works the same way for swbf2
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com