Elite Corps - A BF1 Skin Project

Started by 411Remnant, May 16, 2013, 09:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

November or christmas release?

November!
Christmas!
December 18th 2015!
Quote from: 411Remnant on May 20, 2013, 01:04:12 PM
New Rebel Trooper. Added some Higher resolution Textures, trying to figure out a way to make him more intimidating. Im thinking a clean shave of his mustache.
Paint him red-ish, and increase the beard rather than decrease, and you've got Mario!

There has to be a way to give them a color theme like what you have done with the Imperials.

Sort of a mix between modern soldiers and clan skins to give them a connected/team look.

I've always felt the rebel sides were to varied in appearance. Like a pile of mercenaries.

Quote from: tirpider on May 20, 2013, 02:05:20 PM
There has to be a way to give them a color theme like what you have done with the Imperials.

Sort of a mix between modern soldiers and clan skins to give them a connected/team look.

I've always felt the rebel sides were to varied in appearance. Like a pile of mercenaries.
I guess the developers were trying to make them look like a rag-tag bunch, the pure opposite of the uniformed military of the Empire.

May 20, 2013, 02:44:25 PM #33 Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 02:46:31 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Quote from: UNIT 33 on May 20, 2013, 02:31:45 PM
I guess the developers were trying to make them look like a rag-tag bunch, the pure opposite of the uniformed military of the Empire.
Like England and the 13 colonies? :P
--
I hijacked it again, didn't I..
Rebels always seemed really girly ingame to me, they need to be more scarey }:D

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on May 20, 2013, 02:44:25 PM
--
Well firstly... it was Britain not England (the two aren't interchangeable).
Secondly, yes you did. Cut it out.

The Rebels have a whole bunch of uniforms... including my favourite:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on May 20, 2013, 02:44:25 PM
--
Rebels always seemed really girly ingame to me, they need to be more scarey }:D

:rofl: Let's not poke fun at one of the very few countries that still like us.  :P (And yes, 'tis Britain, go back to History class  ;) )

Quote from: UNIT 33 on May 20, 2013, 02:55:43 PM
Well firstly... it was Britain not England (the two aren't interchangeable).
Secondly, yes you did. Cut it out.

The Rebels have a whole bunch of uniforms... including my favourite:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

That looks so awesome. I think it would require a bit of editing of the actual model, unfortunately.

Looks like it could be made up of Boba's body, Vanguard helmet, And custom head.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Slightly Updated. Probaly wouldn't tell the difference except that now his face is more defined and I added fabric textures to the clothing.

As far as a unified theme goes, ill consider it. I was playing around with the idea of having mixed species and a rag tag team of people. But then I also realized that the alderaan division and serveral other types of rebels have this more unified theme to them. looking back at my imperials, they deserve to fight someone who looks like they can be thier equals, so a unified theme might be best for now. This forest trooper will still find itself as a seperate asset though. Maybe if I have the time and patience, a renagade squadren type addon would be cool to.

Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

I think it depends on what Rebel "Team" you are trying to re-create. It is obvious that the developers of SWBFI were trying to create an Episode V/VI type Rebel faction. As you can see from the stock skins. SWBFII didn't even look like the rebels from the movies to me, I didn't like those skins (except the Rebel Engineer, he doesn't look like a Rebel from the films but his skin/model is awesome).

So that leaves the question, what type of Rebel team/faction are you trying to create?

[spoiler]As always your skins are amazing me! ;)[/spoiler]

Maybe to add some variety you could change the face textures? I try to do that with most of my maps that involve rebels. (Alot of times I dont have the patience, though..)
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: tirpider on May 18, 2013, 01:36:50 PM
heh, Clones.

I believe most (especially the bf2 ones) are already override compatible. I haven't inventoried them to be certain, though.

I'll crank the machine back up and go over them.  Some only have partial support and just need some nulls moved around to make it apply to the whole model.

One major caveat when working with the OTC units, if the original had cloth in bf2, then the OTC will either have a replacement or nothing in it's place. 

On the clones, this will result in hexed on Kama's (which other folks have done as well) and won't be much of an issue.  But for units with big capes or full skirts (lots of Jedi have cloth in weird places), I don't really have a replacement for those pieces yet.

Regardless, I don't alter the UV's so you could skin them as normal and it would look the same on the OTC variants.
Actually bro, clones skin things wont be nessasay, I have 2 other friends helping with this and they already have some pretty clean detialed skins for the clone sides.

cool

I'll get the rep side done eventually anyway.

May 20, 2013, 10:30:07 PM #41 Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 11:41:34 PM by 411Remnant

Tried my best to mix BF1 and BF2 kind of style for this guy. What do you guys think?

Also new urban Rebel.

Perhaps the blue could be a bit darker?

Quote from: tirpider on May 20, 2013, 02:05:20 PM

I agree with Tirpider, I think you should try to use a color theme for the Rebels. I wouldn't use blue, though. You have already done an excellent job at making the Imperials blue-themed. There must be a way to make the Rebels look "uniform" without them all looking too much alike.

For the color theme, perhaps red? Or just a subtle color, like green?

This is coming along great, by the way! These skins look so professional! :tu:

The skins look really epic, love the 501st themed Imperial troopers. Perhaps though as a suggestion for a uniformed Rebel Alliance, try and make it similar to Kota's Militia?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kota's_Militia