Free Gmod

Started by Soap Mactavish, October 15, 2010, 08:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 15, 2010, 08:56:32 PM Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 09:04:14 PM by Soap Mactavish
ive been pushing this but i dont think people really get my message. Its ok tho, i am here with gifts that i think will benefit us and MPC. I am offering 3 free copies of Gmod to SWBF MODDERS ONLY on MPC. You need a valve game to play this however. I am really pushing source because that is what l4d2 and all the popular valve games run on. Its also one of my favorite engines and id like to share it with everyone.

Gmod is different than regular modding in the fact you can do it through a really fun UI. Gmod allows you to play with other people real time while you make crazy things. Instead of describing bugs or presenting them through a broadcast you can simply load them in Gmod and go right to work. Still not sure how it works here is the dev site which is updated daily with new mods.

http://www.garrysmod.com/   <--------home page

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/ <------some recent mods

I think getting a good modding community going in a SDK that is new and updated very often will be good for expansion. Alot of people use these games, around 15,000 by my count on the Steam stats. I do this in hopes of jump starting something good here.

I have the money right now, im just thinking of a way to give it out to the numerous modders here.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

What you are done here is very generous. I have no idea what game I will move on to next.

I have mod permissions on the mod factory forum, I want.

:P

#TYBG

I really like the looks of this game!

Me> :o                  You> :tu:

I don't know my future. I am sorry, I won't be jumping on this.

I am... JUMP JUMP JUMP JUMP :afropr2:

i should be able to get the games out later this week. Id like to get the message out to others that we are trying to get a nice Source community going. IF you have any other friends that mod link them here.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

I mean my future in the next game I play might not involve mods.