OnLive is Free!

Started by aeria., October 04, 2010, 03:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
That's right, the controversial new service that streams HD gaming is now free! I've tested it out myself and I couldn't believe my eyes. I was playing Dirt 2 on max settings (I assume) with VERY playable latency. Right now, I am very impressed and I suggest for everyone to definitely try it out!

http://kotaku.com/5655455/onlive-monthly-subscription-fees-are-dead

I'll be sure to post a few content on Dirt 2.

#TYBG

Quote from: ag on October 04, 2010, 03:57:39 PM
That's right, the controversial new service that streams HD gaming is now free! I've tested it out myself and I couldn't believe my eyes. I was playing Dirt 2 on max settings (I assume) with VERY playable latency. Right now, I am very impressed and I suggest for everyone to definitely try it out!

http://kotaku.com/5655455/onlive-monthly-subscription-fees-are-dead

I'll be sure to post a few content on Dirt 2.
I just downloaded the application, I seriously cant believe it is free.  Thanks for notifying it is great news :D.

Had it since June.  Friend me.  Player Tag = G9er

Khyler and I screwed around with Borderlands. It works pretty well and the lag you eventually get used to. You seriously won't notice it until you try to.

#TYBG

Do the games still cost money?

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Quote from: Soap Mactavish on October 08, 2010, 01:34:27 PM
Do the games still cost money?

Well, yes.

However all sub fees are gone plus you can play any game for free for 30 minutes. It's the full game, no content cut demo. I would say that it isn't great for bargain hunters but it has great potential for SP games and MP games once they don't isolate it to be within OnLive (why not make it so that I can play with pc players?)

#TYBG

Because the tv players would be at a disadvantage

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

One problem is the complete lack of EA games. They used to be in the beta footage and there were some promising games. EA must've backed out. :/

#TYBG