Battlefront 3 hands on

Started by WusiBabyEater, June 22, 2015, 07:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
During E3 Jackfrags got to play Battlefront 3, for those who do not know who Jackfrags is, he is a youtuber popular for his Battlefield videos. In this video he explains all the details of what he experienced when he was playiing battlefront 3. He says some very good information that you might want to hear!

I'm worried the game mechanics and weapons are going to be too bland and basic. With swbf1 there are tons of jumps, mine throwing and different things which add to gameplay. It looks like for the new game these sort of things might be left out to appeal more to the more casual gamer. Also the pick up items and vehicles don't particularly appeal to me, seems like they could be kinda random if its not set up right. I think Jackfrags prediction that it will be a casual sort of game with little depth might unfortunately be accurate (while I would argue that swbf1 is a casual game with a lot of depth). Still, only parts of the game have been seen so far, and won't make up my mind til I play it.

Shame there isn't any Space Battles - I think they missed an opportunity to combine space and land battles.

Biggest issue is that there is no mention of the Clone War Era at all  - only Galactic Civil War or Imperial Era.
Even if you didn't like the movies, Droids vs Clones is still damn cool and always interesting.

Minor Points:
- Being able to destroy AT-ST with blasters seems just too quick and easy.
- Balancing of load-outs and sides
- All footage so far has been scripted events with AI and is "Pre-Alpha"
- Map DLC and other types
- the Name (Just call it Battlefront 3, it's not "a reboot of the series" it IS the next in the series!)

At this stage it is too early to tell so don't buy into the hype. However, it seems it isn't just a Battlefield Re-Skin and does contain elements of Battlefront 1 and 2, ergo it doesn't look too bad, IMO.

Quote from: {Alpha} Kiwi on June 23, 2015, 01:37:24 AM
I'm worried the game mechanics and weapons are going to be too bland and basic.  (while I would argue that swbf1 is a casual game with a lot of depth).

That sums up perfectly why I like battlefront 1, however long you've been playing you still start with the same 5 troops which makes it fair for everyone, but you can play for years and keep getting better and finding new gameplay and map strategies. It's what every game should aim for - easy to learn, hard to master.

I hope with the new one they get the base troops and weapons balanced and fun before they add extra gimmicks like killstreak rewards and heroes.

I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)