He lived long and prospered - Spock is dead

Started by Giftheck, February 28, 2015, 05:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
If you are not aware, Leonard Nimoy, the actor who played Spock in Star Trek, died yesterday at the age of 83 from complications arising from COPD. He had quit somking three decades ago. Regardless of whether you like Star Trek or not, Leonard Nimoy was one of the most recognizable actors from the science fiction genre, and he did not just play Spock, but he was also a writer, director, stage actor and voice actor.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

I'm so sorry to hear this news, Leonard Nimoy was a true screen legend portraying one of the most enduring characters in space fiction. I truly wish his family well, and hope that all Nimoy fans are taking the news well.

We held a TOS marathon at my flat to honour his legacy. Pretty darn sad.

I was just reading an interview with Spock the other day, sad to hear about his passing.

Indeed it's sad to see one of the major stars of science fiction die. But, low and behold, he did live long and prosper, up to the age of 83.

I'l be curious how the future Star Trek films are going to pan out now, with Nimoy gone.

February 28, 2015, 12:59:11 PM #5 Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 08:01:14 PM by Commander Awesome
Quote from: Gold Man on February 28, 2015, 12:41:29 PM
Indeed it's sad to see one of the major stars of science fiction die. But, low and behold, he did live long and prosper, up to the age of 83.

I'l be curious how the future Star Trek films are going to pan out now, with Nimoy gone.
No more 'Old Spock' scenes, I guess.

As Spock would say: Getting emotionally distressed over a natural occurrence such as death is highly illogical.*

*Disclaimer: This statement does not necessarily reflect the views of this user.

[spoiler] :'([/spoiler]

I read about this yesterday and I couldn't believe it. He was a really good man. RIP
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

It really is a shame. I'm almost suprised that Robin Williams's passing made more headlines than Nemoy's dead...

But then again, I guess I'm not too suprised.

Rest In Peace, Spock.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper