Instant Playerside Changer

Started by Viathan, November 27, 2013, 08:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi, I've made an instant-playerside-change Mod for Swbf  (Idea by Psych0fred's ChainIsle)

Video: (Watch in 720p and Fullscreen)

Download:
Instant playerside Change

:cheers:

Nice work.

It seems like a skin changer and not a side changer though as the empire still shoots at you when you have the empire skin and the reticule is red when you point at empire.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Intriguing.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

November 27, 2013, 09:12:59 AM #3 Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 09:15:55 AM by Vîathan
Quote from: Buckler on November 27, 2013, 09:01:07 AM
Nice work.

It seems like a skin changer and not a side changer though as the empire still shoots at you when you have the empire skin and the reticule is red when you point at empire.

The empire stop's shooting if I change to empire-look  :P
And the commando-post stops beeing entered if I change to empire-look.

Quote from: Buckler on November 27, 2013, 09:01:07 AM
Nice work.

Skin changer would only change the targa texture, side changer/disguise kit would actually change the model and texture.
--

Quote from: Vîathan on November 27, 2013, 09:12:59 AM
The empire stop's shooting if I change to empire-look  :P
And the commando-post stops beeing entered if I change to empire-look.

I'm certain I saw an emp throw a nade at you while you were empire.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Some times I can get shot by the opposing side when using disguise kit in my mods, when ever you change right in front of them, they just don't get the message every time that you've been converted to the dark side :P
It's a bit glitchy, but it works!

Hey how would i install this if its blindly easy then im stupid  but i want to know how.

@RC, yes exactly :)
@ Skrillex,
Download the .zip file, extract the .lvl file and put it in your SIDE folder in SWBF
("\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\SIDE")

Rename the original all.lvl into all_original.lvl or something else.
Put my modded all.lvl in the SIDE folder and make sure that the name is: all.lvl

That's it ^^

When you do it on a map with locals, it differs each life between the locals and the emps (on Islands it went from wookies to emps each life)
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

December 24, 2013, 09:27:54 AM #10 Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 09:29:56 AM by Phobos
Quote from: -ChristmasCommando- on November 27, 2013, 12:20:12 PM
Skin changer would only change the targa texture, side changer/disguise kit would actually change the model and texture.
--
I wouldn't call the disguise kit a skin changer, a full side changer would allow to swap models with more than just the first unit of enemy's team. I don't know if that mod is possible since the disguise kit classlabel code is limited by the game source.